User Tag List

post #1 of 15 Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Domo
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After market radiators??

Well I just noticed my radiator is cracked on the plastic tank on the bottom. I need to replace and was wondering what brand to go with? I would like an all aluminum but they are pretty pricey. I've seen both CSF and stillen, which one is better. I've also see koyo and silla alum/ plastics radiators. What have you guys used or have experience with?? Many thanks!

2004 Titan LE 4X4 Smoke King Cab, Fosgate System w/XM Radio & IPOD Nano, PRG Level Kit, T-Rex 4 Piece Grill, 17x9 Helo Maxx 6 W/BFG All-Terrains, AEM Brute Force CAI, Clifford Matrix 50.5x security with remote start, Carbon Fiber Altezza's, Magnaflow single out exhuast http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/vbpi...?do=view&g=758
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 AM
mcginkleschmidt
Shift_Enthusiast

The all-aluminum Stillen and the CSF3328 radiator is one and the same radiator. CSF manufactures the radiator for Stillen. When the all-aluminum radiator was first made available from Stillen, apparently they had exclusivity for a period of several years but for the past couple of years, or so, the CSF3328 all-aluminum radiator is now available from a wide range of vendors.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
post #3 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Domo
Shift_Enthusiast

I can get the stillen from stillens website for $350 and the CSF from autopartswarehouse for $425. Does that sound about right for them?

2004 Titan LE 4X4 Smoke King Cab, Fosgate System w/XM Radio & IPOD Nano, PRG Level Kit, T-Rex 4 Piece Grill, 17x9 Helo Maxx 6 W/BFG All-Terrains, AEM Brute Force CAI, Clifford Matrix 50.5x security with remote start, Carbon Fiber Altezza's, Magnaflow single out exhuast http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/vbpi...?do=view&g=758
post #4 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
mcginkleschmidt
Shift_Enthusiast

When the CSF3328 all-aluminum radiator first became widely available from other than Stillen, it could be purchased for as low as $199. Slowly the prices began to rise and the last time I checked, the radiator could be purchased cheaper from Stillen, at around $359, than from other online retailers. That may still be the case.

The Stillen price used to be in the $500 range but about four years ago when I bought my radiator on-sale from Stillen at about $379, it came in a box with markings that identified it as CSF3328.

The Stillen price for the radiator is probably as good as you will find currently.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
post #5 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Domo
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginkleschmidt View Post
When the CSF3328 all-aluminum radiator first became widely available from other than Stillen, it could be purchased for as low as $199. Slowly the prices began to rise and the last time I checked, the radiator could be purchased cheaper from Stillen, at around $359, than from other online retailers. That may still be the case.

The Stillen price used to be in the $500 range but about four years ago when I bought my radiator on-sale from Stillen at about $379, it came in a box with markings that identified it as CSF3328.

The Stillen price for the radiator is probably as good as you will find currently.
Hey thanks for all the info! So how long have you had your Stillen Aluminum radiator and how many miles on it? Any issues with it? They claim to have lower temps, have you noticed that as well?

post #6 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
CrashBoss
Shift_Enthusiast

Stillen/3328

Domo:
+1 for the Stillen/3328...just finished installing mine in my '05. Just had to do minor tweaking with the fan shroud because two of the mounts are just ever so slightly off...Mr Dremel took care of that.

Being a aviation mech, we pretty much scrutinize every little piece-part. The 3328 is a work of art in that regard-solder is smooth, finnish is bright. You cant go wrong with it.

05 KC 2x Big Tow LE-Injen CAI, Armada Lip, Volant LED tails, led 3rd lamp, DDM HID 55W high, 35W low, 880 fog all 5000K, Lorado tonneau.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Domo
Shift_Enthusiast

Thanks, so the the radiator listed on Stillens web page is the Stillen Premium High Performance Aluminum Radiator, part number 401441. Is this the same radiator you guys are talking about? This is the link and what they have on there site....
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...AN&model=TITAN

"These 100% aluminum radiators with Deep Drawn Tank construction are stronger and lighter than conventional welded box tank radiators. They also allow for better airflow and a drop-in-fit.

When you buy a Premium High-Performance Radiator from STILLEN, you will receive a component that has been engineered to the highest specifications. Our parts will fit exactly the same as the original manufacturers parts, even in the case of the 2-Row models that are 1" thicker than the OE unit.

No need to move fittings, drill additional holes, or stretch hoses to get our radiators to fit properly. Drop it in, bolt it down, and hook it up! Provides up to 50% better cooling with the 2-Row core models.

Designed for manual transmission vehicles unless noted. For automatic transmissions, an external transmission oil cooler may be required."

post #8 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
CrashBoss
Shift_Enthusiast

Thats it

Thats the one brother...funny that Stillen ships it in the CSF box.

They say an external tran cooler is required...nope...built in just like the oem ver.

05 KC 2x Big Tow LE-Injen CAI, Armada Lip, Volant LED tails, led 3rd lamp, DDM HID 55W high, 35W low, 880 fog all 5000K, Lorado tonneau.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 05:07 PM
nightowl
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yep I bought a stillen/csf just havnt had time to put it on yet. I did it just for preventative maintenance and in case of a crack possibly saving the tranny form getting filled with coolant.

2005 2wd alert red ffv
2.94 gears
Dyno jet-310 hp/376lb/ft
NCD 2" level kit FRONT 1" REAR
Stillen headers
Stillen/CSF Aluminum radiator
2.5"pipes CUSTOM CAJUN BPIPES, built by myself PM if interested in a set.
AIRRAID MXP CAI
CAJUN BPIPES/Y-PIPE WITH BORLA AND ULTRAQUITE
UPREV TUNER VERSION
TRU TRACK
Skeeter bass boat attached to trailor ball.

CAJUN CUSTOM B PIPES by NIGHTOWL
post #10 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
mcginkleschmidt
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Hey thanks for all the info! So how long have you had your Stillen Aluminum radiator and how many miles on it? Any issues with it? They claim to have lower temps, have you noticed that as well?
I installed the Stillen radiator in my 2004 Titan about eighteen months ago. I don't recall the mileage at the time of the radiator install but currently I have 32.3K miles on the truck.

I purchased the Stillen radiator about two years before I installed it. I wasn't having any problems with my OEM radiator and I bought the all-aluminum radiator as a preemptive move. I knew that if was not a matter of if, but when, the OEM radiator croaked.

Some of the earlier CSF23328/Stillen radiators had to be modified because it would not allow the AC condenser to sit low enough to be bolted to the top of the radiator. The newer CSF radiator have been changed so this is no longer a problem.

Another change is in the radiator styling. Formerly, including mine, the radiator had a scalloped design that can be seen here: HERE

The newer CSF radiators have a smooth, non-scalloped design as seen here: HERE

Many Titan owners found the need to trim the fan shroud. I was prepared and willing to trim the fan shroud but I found this to not be necessary as I have plenty of room between the fan blade and fan shroud. I don't know why some people find the need to trim the fan shroud and other not.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode