User Tag List

#1 Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 PM
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
titan 4x4

so i have a 2008 titan le 4x4 with the tow package and haven't had for that long. iv taking it off roading and mudding a couple times. never really needed to put it in 4 wheel drive that much but when i did it seemed to perform great. my dad had a 2008 Chevy silverado 4x4 and the titan seems to perform way better in the mud/sand then his ever did. my question was does anyone have any compliments or complaints about our trucks 4x4 capability and the whole system in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Complaints:
Sometimes it takes forever to shift back to 2HI from 4HI.
The front differential isn't real strong so you have to be a bit careful.

Compliments
I was pulling a 6x6x12 enclosed trailer up an icy trail/road with the OEM BFG Rugged Trail tires. I shifted to 4LO and locked the rear differential and went right up. A guy behind me in a Tundra (pre-07) made it half way and slid back down into the guy behind him.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#3 Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM
rcwith2titans
Shift_Enthusiast

It takes a long time to go back to 2wd from 4wd or 2h to 4h.Not anymore.I just stop shift it to drive and neutral back and forth a few times and its no problem with my 2011 Pro 4x.Try that.

Check out my video offroadding.

pulling stuck Ford and Chevy at the same time.

Bought brand new,2008 Silver 2wd Crew Cab,5 speed manual and auto,bed extender,upgraded tow package,2 Magnaflow mufflers/racing dual exhaust,Velocity 305x45x22,Chrome In Channel Vent Shades ,Billet Grille 4 Pieces ,Chrome Exhaust Tips

Bought brand new,2011 Black Crew Cab Pro 4x,BIG TOW,flowmaster super 40 dual exhaust, factory lift plus 2" front and rear leveling kit,Ultra Wheels ,33x12.50x20" Federal Mud Terrain Tires,Nerf Bars,Dirt King UCAs,Bully Black Exhaust Tips,Nissan Vent Shades.Leer Hard Bed Cover.I dont care about the mpg.January 2013 and March 2013 CT TOTM.

#4 Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

haha yeah thats what i do i just pop it into neutral and it shifts back quick. so when you say the front diff is weak what do you mean. its just easy to blow it.
#5 Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 PM
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

i have been looking at the dana 60 Detroit automatic locker how is the diff?
#6 Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Never, ever pull someone out when you are in 4hi/low and in reverse. There are videos on the web of guys doing just that and blowing the front differential. It just isn't strong in reverse.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#7 Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM
bobbyjadams
Shift_lurker

Older thread I know, but I found with my T if the transfer case doesn't want to shift out shifting into reverse seems to do "unlock" mine quicker. It won't shift out while the transfer case is loaded. Just my .02

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
#8 Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjadams View Post
Older thread I know, but I found with my T if the transfer case doesn't want to shift out shifting into reverse seems to do "unlock" mine quicker. It won't shift out while the transfer case is loaded.
Yes, but the folks behind me get real nervous when I try to shift into reverse at highway speeds.

Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#9 Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM
bobbyjadams
Shift_lurker

LOL... I never need to use 4 wheel drive on road down here. Never occurred to me that's what you were talking about.
#10 Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Drummer0314
Shift_Enthusiast

when I shift from 4HI to 2HI it flashes and wont go out of gear but if I turn the wheels all the way left, then all the way right a few times and almost every time it pops out, but if not roll forward while doing it and it will for sure go out of gear. Thats annoying a little but not bad

2008 Nissan Titan CC XE Majestic Blue, Big Tow, Dynomax Bullets, Xtreme Rhino-Lined Badges, 6" Pro Comp Lift (Stage I), Alpine IVA-W505, MTX 604, MTX 801D, 20x8.5, +10 Offset XD775 Rockstars, 35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T's.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode