clank noise - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
clank noise

so when im driving and i let off the gas i hear a clank. it only does it when i let off the gas and not his the gas. i think it does it sometimes when im shifting to. i checked the u joints and its not those what else could it be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

also when im driving sometimes when i let off the gas i hear the clank noise and it feels like it pulls me back for a second or slows me down for second and also when i turn i feel a pop in the steering wheel and i hear a faint noise.
post #3 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sounds like a U joint to me... but I'm no expert.

2012 SV CC Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Cloth 4X4.

Future Mods: One day AirLift Air Bags

post #4 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

thats what i thought too but i checked them and they seemed fine.
post #5 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

what else could it be besides that?

2008 4x4 Big Tow LE Silver
Airraid CAI/ Throttle Body Spacer Super Chips Cortex Dual Glasspacks Dumped Out Gutted Secondary Cats Traction Bars
6 Inch Fabtech lift with Pro Runner Shocks 20 Inch Helo Rims Billet Grill All Emblems Removed N-Fab front bumper Cree LED Lights 5K H.I.D.s
Kenwood 6190 HD Kicker KS Speakers Kicker 1200.1 KX Two Kicker Cvr 10's In A Sealed Box
post #6 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Could be the transmission mount. Lifted Titans tend to wreak havoc on them. But I think you hear it clunk on acceleration.

I have a similar clunk in my Ranger. After rebuilding the rear axle and u-joints it went away slightly for a while and now it's back. We think it's the transmission. Driving up hill and letting off the gas will make it clunk every time.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
post #7 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

i took it by the local shop and they just looked under it and the said those looked good to.

Airraid CAI/ Throttle Body Spacer Super Chips Cortex Dual Glasspacks Dumped Out Gutted Secondary Cats Traction Bars
6 Inch Fabtech lift with Pro Runner Shocks 20 Inch Helo Rims Billet Grill All Emblems Removed N-Fab front bumper Cree LED Lights 5K H.I.D.s
Kenwood 6190 HD Kicker KS Speakers Kicker 1200.1 KX Two Kicker Cvr 10's In A Sealed Box
post #8 of 26 Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM
TA CC TX
Shift_Enthusiast

Hate to say this ,,,,,but popping sounds are no good when turning might want to pull diff cover and inspect spyder gears. also what year truck and model ?

04 cc bt offroad pkg / RB UPREV Tuned / DTLT's/ JBA catback/16" Borla XR-1/ vibrant UQ resonator/ Custom Cajun Catless B-pipes/Airaid MXP CAI/Cajun Y-pipe/MGT 07+ manifold/LS7 TB/ Long tru-cool transmission cooler/ 170* thermostat/ H-D's all corners/ Curt front hitch/ BrakePerformance slotted and dimpled rotors/Hellwigg traction springs/MetalWorx street Traction Bars/ ARB onboard air/2" Drop shackles/ Wolo powerhouse air horn!
post #9 of 26 Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 AM
TA CC TX
Shift_Enthusiast

also that transmission mountis known to go ,you should look at it yourself. It it a rubber bushing with metal bracket and it might look ok to somebody that does not know whast to look for. the rubber will split apart and you end up with NO connection.

04 cc bt offroad pkg / RB UPREV Tuned / DTLT's/ JBA catback/16" Borla XR-1/ vibrant UQ resonator/ Custom Cajun Catless B-pipes/Airaid MXP CAI/Cajun Y-pipe/MGT 07+ manifold/LS7 TB/ Long tru-cool transmission cooler/ 170* thermostat/ H-D's all corners/ Curt front hitch/ BrakePerformance slotted and dimpled rotors/Hellwigg traction springs/MetalWorx street Traction Bars/ ARB onboard air/2" Drop shackles/ Wolo powerhouse air horn!
post #10 of 26 Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

for the turning i don't think their really is noise i just feel the pop so i assumed there was a popping noise to but i haven't actually heard it. when i had my jeep i had the same pooping time thing in my front suspension and put some grease in the track bar/tie rod and it fixed it could that be the problem with mine. i really haven't looked at my suspension. 2008 LE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode