User Tag List

#1 Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM
mytmax98
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tires feathering

Just thought I would throw this out there and see what ideas y'all had. I bought new nitto 420s about eight months ago for my 22" rims. Shortly afterwards, I felt vibration and some a bit of feathering. I took it to discount tire and ha dither balanced and rotated. They told me to get it aligned. I did. I still had vibration, so I took it back to discount. They checked balance and all was well. So, I figured it was the brake judder again. Tires were still feathering. A few months later, I bought cross drilled and slotted rotors, new pads, and replaced pads on ebrake too. I rotated the tires again while I was doing all of the brakes. Now, the tires that were on the back and in good shape are on the front. They are starting to wear funny again. So, I thought it might be the shocks and struts. However, the truck is not showing any signs that the shocks and struts are bad. No diving, bouncing, leaking, etc... I am going to take it in and have them inspect the suspension and check the alignment again, but what else could it be?

Thanks!

Dusted a Hemi Rumblebee on the test drive...Enough said!
Raced two, beat two.

2007 Titan LE C/C Injen intake, MBRP cat back exhaust, 22" Velocity rims, Undercover tonneau, r1 concepts cross drilled/slotted rotors, pioneer appradio 2, Big Tow, Tinted windows.

2010 Cube SV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Have the toe in checked.
#3 Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Rallen
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a similar problem with 22"s and the nitto tires. A friend of my aligned it to the Nissan specs and found it was toed in. I told him to align it straight so to speak and great tire wear since... My two cents.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode