User Tag List

#1 Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
2010titan
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation popping noise?

i've already seen SEVERAL threads about this issue, just no real answers...
at very low speeds (either at a stop or when backing out or pulling into my driveway) when i cut the wheel i hear a loud popping coming from the front. also when i first start the truck, if i havent driven it yet that day, there's sort of a creaking from the front too (though this isn't as big of a worry to me as the popping)

also, the other night i took the truck into a little mud. i drove a few feet into the mud, decided to shift into 4lo, and when i did i heard a loud beep as i put it into 4wd (it has never done this before) and when it beeped, the little icon on the gauge cluster which has a picture of a truck suspension (the one that highlights either 2 or 4 wheels to show whether you're in 2wd or 4wd) disappeared. i pulled out of the mud onto level ground. When i tried shifting back into 2wd, it beeped continuously until i shut off the truck. i waited a few minutes and restarted the truck, and the beeping had stopped and the truck went perfectly back into 2wd.
does anyone have ANY idea what the hell happened? did this happen because i wasn't on level ground when i shifted into 4wd?

thank you VERY much to whoever responds. pretty worried about both of these issues

dylan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No, you don't have to be on level ground to shift the transfer case. Check your brake fluid reservoir. It's possible that it is low. Low brake fluid has been known to cause 4x4 issues or warning lights.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#3 Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
cjoh101
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
popping noise?

The popping noise could be a worn out cv axle or tie rod end.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2005 Titan LE CC 4X4 Galaxy Black

OBX headers
Walker b-pipes
Magnaflow y-pipe 2.25 DI/2.5 SO
Magnaflow 14" muffler 2.5 SI/SO
2* timing advance
Stock air box mod

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode