User Tag List

#1 Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
vermonttitan
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Used 2008.5 Owner - Newbie!

Hey guys. I am ebarrassed to admit that I have been stalking this site LONG before I bought my new to me 2008.5 Titan because I LOVE THESE TRUCKS. Bought the wife a '10 Xterra and she loves that thing.

I live in Central VT and bought the Titan a week ago. Had 17,840 miles to be exact. Guy took exceptional care of the truck but obviously NEVER used it. Not even a pimple on the truck except where a trailer came off the ball and hit the rear bumber. Paid $21,000. I thought it was a smoking deal especially since you can't hardly find these truck of that year with less than 50K miles or so.

Anyways, love the truck and love the site, glad to be a part of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 PM
rcwith2titans
Shift_Enthusiast

Welcome to the club and enjoy your new ride.
I also have 2008 Xe CC 2wd,around 41000 miles now and paid $22,000 brand new plus tax and financing.I also bought brand new 2011 Pro 4x CC .I and my wife drive 2 Titans.Any pictures?Here is mine.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7995_414111955295671_2079136030_n[1].jpg
Views:	51
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	50638   Click image for larger version

Name:	SNOWMOUNTLAGUNA CA 11213 043.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	821.3 KB
ID:	50639  

Bought brand new,2008 Silver 2wd Crew Cab,5 speed manual and auto,bed extender,upgraded tow package,2 Magnaflow mufflers/racing dual exhaust,Velocity 305x45x22,Chrome In Channel Vent Shades ,Billet Grille 4 Pieces ,Chrome Exhaust Tips

Bought brand new,2011 Black Crew Cab Pro 4x,BIG TOW,flowmaster super 40 dual exhaust, factory lift plus 2" front and rear leveling kit,Ultra Wheels ,33x12.50x20" Federal Mud Terrain Tires,Nerf Bars,Dirt King UCAs,Bully Black Exhaust Tips,Nissan Vent Shades.Leer Hard Bed Cover.I dont care about the mpg.January 2013 and March 2013 CT TOTM.

#3 Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome to the club. You got yourself a good rig. How bout some pics?

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's all around, sway bar removed, DK shackles, Brake motive brakes, headlight mod w/ JB switcbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit
#4 Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 PM
amtitan808
Shift_Fanatic

Welcome to the Club...pics are always appreciated. Any plans on modding?

2008 KC XE Galaxy Black
Mods for now - Viper alarm, Westin step bars, Spal power windows and lock kit
20% tint+factory back windows 35% up front, Armada air dam, JBA muffler swap w/ JBA tip, Billet grille, JDM black euro tails
Bedlined front and rear bumper, upper grille, shorty antennae, OEM trailer hitch
Plastidipped wiper cowl and emblems
Armaden LEDs inside and out, DDM 8000k HIDs

Mods coming soon - Still searching for a CAI, Tuner
My other ride - God's Chariot OO=[][]=OO
#5 Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Kronos1965
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Welcome to The Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonttitan View Post
Hey guys. I am ebarrassed to admit that I have been stalking this site LONG before I bought my new to me 2008.5 Titan because I LOVE THESE TRUCKS. Bought the wife a '10 Xterra and she loves that thing.

I live in Central VT and bought the Titan a week ago. Had 17,840 miles to be exact. Guy took exceptional care of the truck but obviously NEVER used it. Not even a pimple on the truck except where a trailer came off the ball and hit the rear bumber. Paid $21,000. I thought it was a smoking deal especially since you can't hardly find these truck of that year with less than 50K miles or so.

Anyways, love the truck and love the site, glad to be a part of it!
Sounds like an awesome deal.

Hope you get a chance to put it through the paces with the winter you're having.

Raleigh, NC

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers
#6 Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 AM
vermonttitan
Shift_lurker

Well I found a like new condition Extang Trifecta tonneau cover one town over from me a few days ago and only paid $150 for that. That is my only mod so far.

I am however awaiting the arrival of my new R1 Concepts cross drilled and slotted brakes & pads, 2" Supreme Suspensions leveling kit, Nismo Offroad decals, and rear tail light tint film.

Once spring rolls around I will be painting my factory wheels bedliner black. Fortunately the guy I bought my truck from was just as anal as the rest of us and he had a set of factory 18's with studded winter snows on them so I'll be able to not lose any time with out rims/tires. I've done some expirimenting with PlastiKote Bedliner and the stuff seems pretty rugged. I've used it on some odds and ends applications with no prep at all and seems to not scratch or wear off. I think it will be great for my rims.

Also in the spring I plan on doing the black headlight mod. I've kind of narrowed it down to how I want to do it. Leave the chrome trim inside the bezel and black the rest of the chrome. Then do a slight VHT on the yellow marker/blinker cover just to give it a little bit of aftermarket look as well.

Oh yeah and as soon as the funds are available, I'm going to be doing either a Flowmaster 70's Series or Borla muffler install with a resonated tip. (Can't stand the CIS/rasp some folks love) That's another thread I will be starting though as far as which one suits me better.

Here are the pics I've got so far! You'll have to excuse the condition of the exterior, it's winter in VT and I work for a municipality on dirt roads so washing isn't really an option till after mudseason

2008.5 Titan SE Green
No mods yet but I've only had it a week
#7 Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
rpeles
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to CT. Gorgeous truck. I am partial though, as my 05 KC is also Galaxy Black. I lived in VT for 3 years going to law school back in the early 80s so I have a few miles on myself. I wish I had a Titan back then, especially with all the driving on ice I did. Enjoy the T and be careful on that ice. Next time you're around Bethel or Randolf, stop in at Onion Flats -- if its still there.
#8 Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
vermonttitan
Shift_lurker

Re: Used 2008.5 Owner - Newbie!

Haha that's awesome, what a coincidence! I've been to both Bethel and Randolph but haven't heard of onion flats. I'll ask a couple of the lifetime Vermonter.
Thanks for the truck comments.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008.5 Titan SE Green
No mods yet but I've only had it a week
#9 Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
rpeles
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Onion Flats

Onion Flats was a little drive-in where you could get onion rings, in addition to hamburgers, ice cream, etc. It is or was on the short straight section between Bethel and Randolph. School was and is in South Royalton, Vermont Law School. We called the town SoRo. If you wanted or needed anything we drove to West Lebanon, NH.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode