Nissan Titan Forum banner

Listen to my dual in/out Flowmaster 50 series exhaust

21K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  Blizzard LE 
#1 ·
Well I finallly got off my dead *** and recorded my exhaust. I have 2 smaller clips and 2 larger clips.
start up and couple of short revs
one short rev..... small file
pulling out into trafic then onto back road and romping it
start up and drive normal for a minute one short acceleration at the end This last one shows how quiet it is when just cruising normal speeds. I hope these help some of you pick which muffler to go with the 70 a little quieter or the 50 a little louder. By the way there is no h or y or x pipe on this exhaust.
M4ck

#2 ·
So how do we listen to them?

#3 ·
BiXLL said:
So how do we listen to them?
BiXLL try clicking each different line. Click the description and it will play.
M4ck

#5 ·
That does sound good. No question there. I believe I saw your same post over on TitanTalk. I am really torn on what type of exhaust to get for my Titan. If Flowmaster made a kit for the Titan, I would probably go with that. My problem is my lack of confidence in the exhaust shops in my area. That said, I am forced to consider Banks, MagnaFlow and Gibson right now. If I set myself on duals only, that knocks Banks out. Of the two left, I would probably lean towards MagnaFlow. What do you guys think?
John

#36 ·
Flowmaster does make a kit for the Titan, go to their website and check it out

#6 ·
JohnInKY said:
That does sound good. No question there. I believe I saw your same post over on TitanTalk. I am really torn on what type of exhaust to get for my Titan. If Flowmaster made a kit for the Titan, I would probably go with that. My problem is my lack of confidence in the exhaust shops in my area. That said, I am forced to consider Banks, MagnaFlow and Gibson right now. If I set myself on duals only, that knocks Banks out. Of the two left, I would probably lean towards MagnaFlow. What do you guys think?
John
Personally I would look harder for a trusty muffler guy. Even a place like Meineke will put it in if you have the stuff you want. You will come out cheaper too if you find someone to install. My entire setup installed was $350.00 not bad if you ask me.
By the way nice to see some people showing up here.
M4ck

#7 ·
M4...I PM'ed you before I saw this post.
What did you change that was stock besides the muffler?

Sounds really great! Thanks for posting the sounds!

#8 ·
NDJollyMon said:
M4...I PM'ed you before I saw this post.
What did you change that was stock besides the muffler?

Sounds really great! Thanks for posting the sounds!
Basically its everything after the cats was cut off. There is no Y pipe anymore. It is dual in dual out then 3 1/2 inch chrome tips at the end. Thanks for the compliment by the way.
M4ck

#10 ·
Are you happy with the system or do you wish you would have gone with the 40s?
Have you dyno'd it yet?
I had a performance shop tell me that the tuned systems were worth the money because even though modified systems sound better they may not be improving performance....
I sure like the idea and this sounds a lot cheaper then a Borla or Gibson system...

#11 ·
MrFisherman said:
Have you dyno'd it yet?
I had a performance shop tell me that the tuned systems were worth the money because even though modified systems sound better they may not be improving performance....
I sure like the idea and this sounds a lot cheaper then a Borla or Gibson system...
No didn't want 40's they are too loud. I like the 50's they are just right for me. Mellow enough at highway speeds that it doesn't bore into your brain. But plenty loud enough when I romp on it to wake up the neigborhood.

#12 ·
Hmmm, I thought the 50s were louder than the 40s...
Can anyone confirm this?

m4ck said:
MrFisherman said:
Have you dyno'd it yet?
No didn't want 40's they are too loud. I like the 50's they are just right for me. Mellow enough at highway speeds that it doesn't bore into your brain. But plenty loud enough when I romp on it to wake up the neigborhood.

#13 ·
#15 ·
Yeh I just logged in saw your post. I just got home from working all day. Gonna unwind and go to bed.

#16 ·
How much louder than stock are your 50s?
I sure want to do this mod but I want to make sure to get it right the first time.
Money is tight and I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on another mod than redoing one.
Thanks in advance and for this great site. I enjoy it here and check in about every day...

#17 ·
Its a lot louder than stock. It is very noticable. It definately gets people looking when it cranks up. It kinda barks when you start it. The guy that owned the shop that did my exhaust loved the way the truck barked. He said if he could make every vehicle do that, that he would be able to sell twice as many exhaust as he does now. I think the 50 series is a happy medium. For me at least.

#18 ·
Sounds like a winner!
I take a few long trips and in the summer often tow my boat 3 hours each way to my favorite port.
I can't wait. I think Flowmaster is said to be working on a "system" for the Titan but I can't find any info on it yet.
I have time and may wait for this "solution" rather than taking a chance on not getting the most bang for my buck...

#19 ·
MrFisherman said:
...I think Flowmaster is said to be working on a "system" for the Titan but I can't find any info on it yet.
I have time and may wait for this "solution" rather than taking a chance on not getting the most bang for my buck...
See this thread: http://www.clubtitan.org/postt572.html

#21 ·
hey i have a question, is flow master kit for titan available in the market? if it is, how much you paid for yours? where can i buy it? who does the instalation?
i wanna put something in my truck that make the truck sound better what other afordable product will you recommend and how much is the cost?
thanks

#22 ·
Here's the video I want to see, A DUKE BOY exhaust video where you put the camera on the ground and drive over it with your truck.
I thought it would be something cool I could do, then realized I'd be the dumb@$$ that crushes my camera. LOL

BTW- thanks for the sound I've spent the last three days listening to exhausts, I can't believe how entertained I am!

#23 ·
Hearing the 50 series from the inside of the cab helps out a lot. The drone isn't that bad, plus i think that the music will help drown out the drone. Thanks a lot for the post.

#24 ·
I have the 50 series delta flow. I kept the stock Y pipe and just replaced the muffler and exhaust pipe with a chrome Flowmaster 3" tip. After about 200 mile "break-in" period, it has a very aggressive sound on both start up and when accelerating. A fair amount of drone at about 1800 rpm though. But I don't mind the drone at all. It gives it character!

#25 ·
i bought my flowmaster 50 suv. series at summitt racing it was 95.00 and the muffler shop put it on for 150.00 i took off the y pipe , the flow master is a 2 1/2 duel inlet and a 3 inch single outlet it sounds real good not to loud in the inside

#26 ·
Yea thas sound awesome i have the 40's (1 in and dual out) and that sound alot louder than mine...Like i said it sounds awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.