Nissan Titan Forum banner

TitanZX at TT - Sad news

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  lanespd200 
#1 ·
#2 ·
One hell of a wreck....for those that don't use seat belts....man they do there job!!! Your much safer inside that vehicle in 99% of crashes.

I'm so used to my seat belt that I feel naked if I don't have it on....that and CA has it out for you if your not wearing it!! It can get expensive I hear.

#3 ·
This is the article they wrote about it...but he was not racing or drunk!
The Plano driver of a Red Nissan Titan pick-up truck, who was allegedly involved in a street race that ended in a violent crash late Tuesday night, is in an area hospital pending DUI charges.

At about 10:02 p.m., Jesse Sampson, 20, of Plano - who police think was racing another vehicle - lost control of his truck and spun into the median while heading northbound on the 6400 block of Midway Road at Mckamy Trail. Sampon's truck then rolled over repeatedly while crossing at least two lanes of traffic before striking some trees along the side of the road.

The impact of the crash ejected Sampson, who was not wearing a seatbelt, according to police.

The 20-year-old was transported to an area hospital by the fire department for non-life threatening injuries.

Sampson was believed by investigators to be in a street race, but the other vehicle fled before police arrived, according to officer Rick McDonald, Plano Police Department spokesperson.

"It is a very straight narrow roadway," McDonald said. "So, there is a possibility that this could be an area where people may street race."

Midway Road parallels the Dallas North Tollway for a stretch before it becomes Tennyson Parkway, upon intersecting Spring Creek Parkway.

#5 ·
Dui

Rossi said:
I would demand a retraction!!! They convicted him on the scene!!! Unless....he really was!!!
You can't get booked on DUI without alcohol being in your bloodstream...otherwise he can get arrested for reckless driving, driving at a rate unsafe for road conditions.

His story doesn't add up and the circumstantial evidence reads the game "Clue".

I am more than relieved that he's alive and pray that his injuries will be healed as soon as possible.

#6 ·
I wished him the best and gave him the benefit of the doubt because he needs it right now. I've been in a serious accident and I have a good idea about the pain he must be going through right now !

#7 ·
Benefit of the doubt

SPEEDDEMON said:
I wished him the best and gave him the benefit of the doubt because he needs it right now. I've been in a serious accident and I have a good idea about the pain he must be going through right now !
I get to deal with the aftermath for both the families, investigators, and the first responders.

I agree that he needs support right now, that he possibly is still in shock over the situation, and that recovery will take a long time.

As for the events that brought about this unfortunate situation, it doesn't add up.

#8 ·
I did not intend to knock your post, experience or professionalism in anyway, I actually did'nt see your post until after I posted mine(I was actually writing my response after Rossi's) and you can tell by the times of the post [4.05 and 4.07]. Anyways your point is quite valid and as you know there are two sides of a story and then the truth and I am sure that we will find out the truth soon in any case !!

#9 ·
I'm glad he is alright. Why would anyone try to race a camaro w/ a 6.5" lift??? Thats stupid in the first place to assume that. 2nd they try to say he was drunk and he sd they didnt take any blood test. Can they not go back and see the skid marks from where he slid across the pavement and prove that someone cut him off? I know it was wet so maybe they aren't any...Any ways - I wish him the best of luck w/ everything!

#10 ·
Nissanpwr said:
I'm glad he is alright. Why would anyone try to race a camaro w/ a 6.5" lift??? Thats stupid in the first place to assume that. 2nd they try to say he was drunk and he sd they didnt take any blood test. Can they not go back and see the skid marks from where he slid across the pavement and prove that someone cut him off? I know it was wet so maybe they aren't any...Any ways - I wish him the best of luck w/ everything!
well he said himself that the guy who "cut him off" didn't cause the accident

#12 ·
WE can all speculate...but at least he's allright...probably his fault, as he admits not wearing a seatbelt is just dumb and he must have been moving pretty good...but still, why didn't the air bag deploy (probably a good thing) .Nissan should look into this!

#13 · (Edited)
Kronos1965 said:
You can't get booked on DUI without alcohol being in your bloodstream...otherwise he can get arrested for reckless driving, driving at a rate unsafe for road conditions.

His story doesn't add up and the circumstantial evidence reads the game "Clue".

I am more than relieved that he's alive and pray that his injuries will be healed as soon as possible.
DUI's on the east coast differ a little than what they do here in Texas. DUI's (under 21), just the smell of it is good enough here in Texas. DWI's, breathalyzer and all that jazz and go to jail!

Knowing Jesse, I am sure there was a mix-up somewhere. I am just glad he is ok! Jesse, again.......shoot me a pm with your number or where you are so I can stop by.........If you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me!

#14 · (Edited)
LinkNuc said:
but still, why didn't the air bag deploy (probably a good thing) .Nissan should look into this!
Because it was a roll-over, not a head on collision. Same thing happened in the Explorer that I was a passenger in during a rollover. No air bag deployment

http://www.pbase.com/explorercrash/image/32366626

#15 · (Edited)
I saw a red titan that was smashed in the front end. It was in really bad shape on the back of a flatbed. It did have banks exhaust from what I could see. Wonder if they are a member of this site or TT.

baseballfanz said:
I think it was a case of road rage gone wrong.:D
I disagree only since I know that driving in moderate to heavy rain in my Titan with no VDC or ABLS can make me pretty nervous at times. I guess several years of driving a heavily modded and tuned stang with trac control has given me a false sense of security that I no longer have. I originally had it turned off on my tune but a few close calls changed that real quick.

#16 ·
LinkNuc said:
WE can all speculate...but at least he's allright...probably his fault, as he admits not wearing a seatbelt is just dumb and he must have been moving pretty good...but still, why didn't the air bag deploy (probably a good thing) .Nissan should look into this!
Exactly - who cares? It's none of our business what happened or who is at fault. I'm just happy to see how tough our trucks are when it REALLY counts.

#17 ·
He had someone looking over him is all I can say. To live after that crash he needs to be counting his blessings!!!!

As far as the DUI. If he was in that much pain and had all those injuries they could have taken blood and used part of it for a BAC and he would never know about it.

#18 · (Edited)
They don't take a sample for a DUI, not here in Texas.

But, Red is correct.........I just hope this thread doesn't come to a bashing one. The point is, he is ok.....thats what matters. Glad to see the trucks doing well in an accident like that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.