Nissan Titan Forum banner

2" leveling kit questions

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  08 Titan XE 
#1 ·
Question is: so the only thing I will need to bring the front end up is just the 2" spacers? No other parts?

G
#3 ·
Many have stayed away from spacers on the first gen Titans in favor of the Bilstein 5100 series shocks and struts. You have 3 levels you can raise the front, stock, 1.0” , 2.5”all without spacers, did mine and absolutely loved it.

G
#6 ·
I have heard from my buddy who has spacers in his 05 Titan that the spacer cause some really annoying bottoming out on relatively small bumps. Also read in this forum that adding spacers applies added pressure the suspension that will cause problems, that’s about as specific as I can be without doing the research over again.

#7 ·
I have a 2005 Titan. About 7 years ago I put in the Bilstein 5100 crank em up and they were fine. This year the Bilstein 5100 failed. I was looking to put in a pre-loaded strut so I could do it myself. I wound up going with the rancho rs9000 quick lift. These struts are awesome. the lift is already there so you don't have to do anything like you did on the bilstein's to crank them up. This strut can also be adjusted for ride sensitivity I set mine at 5 which is about the middle and it rides much better than the bilstein's ever did I also put new rear shocks in at the same time and I put the rancho rs.5000 shocks in the back. I bought them online between Amazon and eBay at $300 for the pair for the front struts and a hundred bucks for the pair for the back shocks. As long as you don't have the fancier off-road versions of the Titan is very easy to change the struts only took me about 45 minutes a side. Was nice that they were all pretty loaded and ready to go. The truck rides now at 140k better than it did when it was new.

#8 ·
I did the same thing to my 08, Rancho RS9000 quick lift in the front and RS9000 in the rear, plus an add a leaf in the rear, both set at 7. Lifted it about 2.5 inches. Looks and rides great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.