Oh... That old favourite, an intimitant fault! (assumed fuel pump) - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 01-09-2020, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
LongShadows
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh... That old favourite, an intimitant fault! (assumed fuel pump)

I'm a little late to say it, but hey Happy New Year! I hope by now all the hangovers are distant memories.

I've been working away at an engine problem for the last few weeks and it's getting worse and I can't pin it down.... I've had a good look through previous posts and have suspicions, but I'd love some more opinions on my hard working '06 farm truck.

The engine will randomly stall and not throw any codes. It was once a week, but we're now upto 5 times today alone. Sometimes it will restart right away... Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes... It'll try and catch, then eventually fire.

I'm guessing fuel starvation, but what I want to know is.... Does the relay/ecm/fuel pump go out like this, or is it usually a catastrophic failure as I thought it would be?

I've got a fuel pressure gauge fitted from AutoZone... But it's a bit crap. There was a schrader valve that ensured a zero reading that I removed... It also seems to latch at 51 psi, so when the truck won't start I have to vent the gauge and the pressue sometimes seems low or non existant, but I'm trying to keep an open mind to all faults before I drop the tank or lift the bed.

Other info that I think is unrelated, but I'll share because I know I'm an idiot... I'll occasionally get a 0335 code but that never corilates to a stall and has been going on for over a year... I had a crank sensor fail and the replacement (2 of) throws codes... The timing chain isn't noisy. I sometimes have a catalist code and am saving the money for new exhaust parts.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode