Nissan Titan Forum banner

2004 titan in trouble help any ideas

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ccornn 
#1 ·
Well first off zero issues with truck until now.. Normal drive to work this morning cruising 80mph 2krpm. I start to notice rpm start ramping 2k rpm- 3.5k rpm so I decreased cruise control to 60mph. It was stuck at 3.5k rpm at this time. I tried using manual shift nothing happened (usually work always). Next here comes a hill (guy.. Damn) rpm skyrocket. Coming down hill at an exit from highway stopped at a light. Now that was the last straw all she does is rev up. Luckily caught buddy on his way to work we pushed her to gas station. Didn't get to inspect needed to get to work. I can say in Drive and Reverse no good just Revs up when I hit the gas pedal zero movement. Tranny smoked to smithereens? Did smell burned odor.. Suck part is I need to get it back home 30mile tow great. Positive plenty oil in tranny checked maybe 4wks ago after changing engine oil and filter zero leaks beneath truck. Any other ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.