code 0175 fuel sys rich - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 12 Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
sonnyd
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Red face code 0175 fuel sys rich

.I have approx 16K on my truck,my problem started @ 9300M,I took it to a Nissan Dealer in St.Pete. Fla. who diag. the problem as I stated above,they cleared the chk. eng. lite. It since has happend 31 more times but 2 dealerships here in central Arkansas cannot correct the problem,they have had my truck for 3 days now w/no sign of figuring out what is wrong and how to fix the problem.Has anybody in Nissan land had this sort of prob. if so please let me know what to do or where I can turn to to have this problem taken care of.
My e mail is [email protected]
Any help would be so much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
A rich mixture can be caused by several things:
Bad A/F sensor
Leaking injector
Exhaust leak
Incorrect fuel pressure
MAF Sensor malfunction
Intake air leak
Fuel temp sensor

Since you are having a problem with the passenger side of the engine the problem would probably be the A/F sensor, a injector or exhaust leak on that side. The other possible problem sources should affect both banks of the engine, not just the passenger side.

Has the dealer inspected the spark plugs to see if one cylinder is running rich? That would indicate a leaking injector. If all cylinders are rich on that bank I would suspect the A/F sensor.

Even a very small exhaust leak will cause problems. The manifold and exhaust piping needs to be inspected carefully for leaks.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
suddenurge
Shift_Obsessed

Sonnyd, do you have any performance mods on your Titan?

Chicago area 05 KC SE 4x2 FFV, smoke, 2.94 gearing. Mods: Hypertech Max Energy, JBA catback, Airaid 4" MXP CAI, Hellwig HD traction springs, 08 rear shackles, Nasta nerf bars, Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub, Autoenginuity/enhanced Nissan software. Best full street trim (5120#) 1/4 mile track time of 14.632 running Bully Dog 87+2 and S&B CAI.
post #4 of 12 Old 03-12-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
sonnyd
Shift_lurker

code 175

Just a cold air filter(AFE) is all,tried 2 different mufflers but went back to stock,resonating was so bad.
thanks for your reply.
Sonnyd
post #5 of 12 Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
sonnyd
Shift_lurker

code 175

To-scr38, dealer has checked all that U have mentioned,all checks out Ok but they have been on hot line to Nissan Tech to solve this problem.If they have any answers & correct this problem I'll send it on to the forum.
thanks for any help!!
post #6 of 12 Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
Look like the dealer is trying all they can, the hot line is not gonna help you really. All they will do is refer you back to the dealer. I would take the AFE off and drive around for a while to see what happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.

post #7 of 12 Old 03-13-2009, 01:14 PM
nismo4life
Shift_Enthusiast

is your MAF in backwards?

2007 SE CC 4x4 Off-Road Big Tow Galaxy Black, Flowmaster Custom Dual Exhaust, AEM Brute Force CAI, 2* Advance, 2 JL audio w3 10" Subs, Infinity REF6022I in Rear Doors, De-Badged, Pro Comp 6" lift, 20x10 D-Backs, 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Much more to come!

PREZ
post #8 of 12 Old 03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo4life View Post
is your MAF in backwards?
If the MAF is in backward the truck will not be operational at all.

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.

post #9 of 12 Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
sonnyd
Shift_lurker

Question code 175 problems

It seems there are more probs. than the 175 code,Which I insisted there were,but it took them 4 days to determine that they would have to replace the ECM which I said that I thought that would be the cure.My truck had no problems running in fact it ran super good we took 2 trips totaling 5K and averaged 17mpg with bed full of luggage and fruit (So.Texas,Key West Fla.) running @75/80+
Dealer will replace ECM Tues. hopefully thats the cure.
Guys thanks for all your input.
Sonnyd
post #10 of 12 Old 03-24-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
sonnyd
Shift_lurker

Thumbs down 175 code

Well guys they replaced the ECM got better but they didn't get the numbers they wanted readings were still above the norm.They now tell me the engineers are tring to come up with a fix,we''ll see.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode