post #1 of 1 Old 10-08-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
jchek779
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
05 Titan Transmission Controller Replacement Options

Hey Guys,

I've been searching high and low for a reasonable way to move forward with my truck - 2005 Titan SE 2WD: 217k miles.
About a month ago while driving the interstate, my CEL light came on and the truck went into 4th gear. It was the "front band solenoid" error code that we get when the wire strip to the solenoid in the TCM breaks due to vibration.
I tried to solder it back together twice, but both times the wire broke again after about 10 miles of driving. I just couldn't get the solder to stick well enough.

I ordered a used replacement controller from eBay. This part gets used in a number of Nissan and Hyundai vehicle. I have no idea what this replacement came from, as I just needed to get my truck back on the road again. Having no idea what calibration is in the controller, I am experiencing the following during normal driving:
1. Pulls 1st gear way too deep (It was cool the first few times, but now shifting to 2nd gear at 3500-4000rpms just isn't practical)
2. Harsh shift from 2nd to 3rd
3. Doesn't seem to stay in 5th gear at highway speeds like it should. Very quick to downshift to 4th at 70mph

I took it to Nissan - they can't reprogram a controller that already has a program in it.

Does anyone know of a source/place to purchase a controller that will have a Titan flash in it? Or what my other options might be?

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode