I am buying a new 2018 titan xd 4x4 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 06-23-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
meahlj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am buying a new 2018 titan xd 4x4

I haven't owned a Nissan pickup for years. Around 1986 I had a small Nissan to complement my ford diesel. I am buying a new 18 titan xd 4x4 king cab this week. I am wondering if anyone could direct me to a vendor that sells aftermarket leather seats. My bird dogs like to travel inside the cab, and leather is a whole lot easier to keep clean than cloth! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-29-2019, 10:22 PM
RickRags

leather available...

My dealer in Sarasota (just traded diesel 2017 XD as service was way too much) when he was pitching a new gasoline V8, said they could order and install leather on anything and it would save money over buying a more inclusive package. The Platinum Reserve I purchased today has the black and brown leather interior and (had leather in XD) am still using the 4Knines seat cover for the rear -- ti has a hammock and attaches to rear and front head rests, is washable and with the rear door panel covers which slide into window sill, it keeps the leather pristine from my two standard poodles -- and they ain't French, it's a German breed and they were used for hunting. The covers were $113 -- a good investment. Good luck either way you go.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-05-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
meahlj

Rick thanks for the info. I ended up buying an xd crew cab rather than the extended cab. I also bought the 4kines rear seat cover and am really pleased with it. I'm also very pleased with my new pickup. If my memory serves me right, I think the Ford diesel that I bought in 1990 didn't have a higher payload and probably not much of a higher towing capacity than my new gas pickup. It pulls my Haulmark 7 x 16 utility trailer like its not even there. Much nicer than my 2008 Chevy Silverado extended cab pickup (1500). I also order leather seat covers from Leatherseats.com for the pickup.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 AM
RickRags

My TT loaded all up is probably 5800 (5220 dry+ 300lbs water and 300 lbs stuff), let's call it #6000 . "17 XD with the Cummins 5.0 towed it with no problem. Only problem was recurring service on unit which ran more than twice for a diesel Benz! The regular gasoline, lower maintainence (weren't diesels supposed to have less maintainence as one of their selling points-- clean air and clean fuel and go forever?), I hope this Platinum Reserve performs as well as XD and, hopefully better with mpg. We'll see.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-17-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
meahlj

3000 miles on my 2018 now

I really like my 2019 Titan XD. It has 3000 miles on it now and is the nicest pickup that I've owned in 35 years of owning pickups. It's a shame that Nissan doesn't advertise them. You don't see many on the road. Mine is a crew cab SV. I did buy leather seats from Leatherseats.com out of Oklahoma City, and had a local auto upholstery place install them. All told that cost $1,600. The leather quality looks like better quality than what I see in OEM leather seats.

The only negative experience I've had was of my own doing. I had cut down several trees in my yard, and the house next door to me which I also own. On a Saturday afternoon my wife and I were loading up limbs, I still had room in my bed to get limbs from the back yard of the next door house. I had previously cut down a tree there but left about 4 feet of stump. After we finished loading I was backing up, not paying close enough attention to what I was doing, and crunched the tailgate. One body shop gave me a repair cost of $2,501.30. Another body shop that I ordinarily use for minor repairs suggested that a new tailgate would be preferable since it was a new pickup, but he also said he would look around for alternatives. I got lucky and after searching the internet for 3 or 4 hours I found a 2017 Titan XD diesel in South Carolina that had an engine fire that was the same black as mine on Craigslist. It was $850 delivered, and only needed to have my camera taken out and installed in the replacement. My repair cost was $955.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode