Windows down and doors are locked - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 06-25-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Wayne Tinsley
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Angry Windows down and doors are locked

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. Me and the wife live in the country, and I come out side in the morning to find my front windows down and the doors locked. We have no kids around playing pranks on us, plus we have a couple of dogs that let us know if anything or anyone is in the yard, so I don't believe anyone is doing something to the truck to cause the windows to go down and the doors to lock. Anyone else having something like this happen to them???
post #2 of 7 Old 06-26-2019, 07:12 PM
GBMotorsports
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If you hold the unlock button on your key fob, it will roll the front Windows down. I've done this more times than I care to count with my keys in my pocket.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-26-2019, 07:20 PM
Gravity
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Tinsley View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. Me and the wife live in the country, and I come out side in the morning to find my front windows down and the doors locked. We have no kids around playing pranks on us, plus we have a couple of dogs that let us know if anything or anyone is in the yard, so I don't believe anyone is doing something to the truck to cause the windows to go down and the doors to lock. Anyone else having something like this happen to them???
Another thing to mention, if you press the UNLOCK button on your remote fob - and then DON’T open a door, the truck re-locks itself after ~30 seconds. Hence the truck being locked.

But the above poster is correct, the front two windows on Titans, and all four windows on Armadas will roll down if you hold the UNLOCK button down, and will roll back up if you stick the key in the driver’s door, and hold the key in the lock position until the windows are all the way up.

(Windows with the auto-down/up feature - look at your window buttons, the A indicates which ones are automatic.)

Additionally, you can also mute the horn honk output for lock/unlock by a sequence on the remote fob. I want to say you hold the lock button down for like 4 seconds. I’d have to try it again to remember, but I’m sure you could google it.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM
GBMotorsports
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
To mute the horn you open a door and hold down the lock button. Same thing to turn it back on.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Gravity
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMotorsports View Post
To mute the horn you open a door and hold down the lock button. Same thing to turn it back on.
That’s right, because when I did it, my door was open, and I leaned in to get something from my console, and was leaning against the seat recline buttons and it was pressing on the remote in my pocket.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-03-2019, 11:52 PM
BiggerBrat
Shift_lurker

Rolling down windows holding unlock button on remote

I have found holding the "unlock" remote button to roll down the windows to be a really great feature now that warm weather is here. My daily routine has been to take the dog out for his constitutional and then we get in the truck to go to the local mini-mart. Before I found out about this feature I usually had to leave the dof in the house, go to the truck, roll down windows then do the dogs routine and hope the truck was cool enough. Now, if it isn't raining, I simply remotely roll down the windows, get the dog ready to go outside, take him for his walk and by the time we get back to the truck its cooled off inside. I wish it worked on all the windows including the rear sliding window. We also have a 2019 Rogue SV and we really like where you quickly kick under the rear bumper to open the tailgate. Would be nice to see a feature like that on the Titans. I do like the fact they've engineered the truck tailgate so it doesn't feel like it weighs a hundred pounds lowering and raising it.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Sullman
Shift_lurker

Okay... Here's my latest weirdness...

I lock the truck with the key remote. All is well. If I don't unlock the truck and go to open the drivers door, it will no longer unlock with the remote. I have to put the key in turn to right and let it auto roll down the windows and then I reach in and pull the handle. If I unlock with the remote no issues. It seems to have gone into some sort of weird security lock out.. Anyone ever seen this?

Thanks,

-Dave

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode