Replacing Shocks and Struts -- Spring Question - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
nofeareyes
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Replacing Shocks and Struts -- Spring Question

It's time to replace the shocks and struts on my 2006 Titan w/Big Tow and Off Road Package...

I'd like to use a "loaded strut" package but all of the listings say w/o Off Road Package so I'm assuming there is something different about the Off Road Springs...

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the standard front springs and the Of Road Package Springs ?

I'm kind of considering just going with a standard KYB or Gabriel or the new AutoZone "loaded struts" even though they all say W/O OFF ROAD PACKAGE

I know everyone says Bilstien I work part-timne for AutoZon and get a great discount on Gabriel, KYB and the AutoZone brands ... thoughts and/or comments PLEASE
post #2 of 2 Old 07-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Sullman
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used Rancho

Hi!

I had the Bilsteins and they lasted 7 years but I too wanted to do them myself so I was looking for a loaded strut. I scoured the web and did some reading. I have a 2005 Titan SE. I went with the Ranchos...

Rancho RS999921 Quick Lift Loaded Strut
Rancho RS999937 Quick Lift Loaded Strut

There is a right and a left. The titan sits nice and level as did it with the Bilsteins but these also have a ride select option. I set mine at 5 and it rides better than it did when in was new. I got these on Amazon which is not my 1st choice for auto parts but I paid $315 for the pair shipped free. I juiced all the bolts up with PB blaster a few days before and it only took me 45 minutes a side and was relatively easy. I am extremely happy with these for the money.

I also replaced the rears with the Rancho RS5000 Hydro Shocks for $105 also from amazon...

Truck rides amazing now!

- Dave

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode