Titan reviews - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Charlie Alderman
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got to say I love my new 2018 Titan SV crew cab 5.6 liter V8. But I was just wondering do you all read all the s*** Pro reviews and articles that Bash the Titan and just make it seem like an inferior truck? I just don't get it, I think the Titan is amazing and I've owned every brand of full size truck in the past and I got to say best new Titan I bought in February was not only an unbelievable deal for the amount of truck I got but it's the best truck I've ever ridden in and driven. It's quiet, smooth and has tons of V-8 power. I've towed a 6000 pound trailer and didn't even know the trailer was behind me. A 5 yr 100k mile full warranty is the best I've seen out there. It just makes me wonder if these consumer rating companies are being bought by The Big Three American Truck makers. Personally I don't think there is a bad truck out there. It's simply what floats your boat and provides the best bang for the buck that suits your needs and taste. If you read Edmunds consumer reviews on Titans as well as some other consumer/ actual owners reviews they all rave about their Titans. Friends and family that have been in my truck are amazed at how nice it is and how great it rides. I just don't get all the negative reviews from these so-called expert truck reviewers. They make me skeptical of the reviews they write. I would much rather hear from actual owners of any vehicle about their experiences with said vehicle. Thanks for any of your opinions or take on this .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-01-2019, 05:00 PM
kbayne
Shift_lurker

I bought my 18 Platinum Reserve in April after driving all other 1/2 ton trucks. Every truck I drove was one I could have bought and would have been completely happy with. I didnt want what everyone else had, so I bought the Titan plus 17K off of sticker didnt hurt. Just made first trip to Branson, Lincoln for football game and back home to Minnesota and couldnt be happier with MPG and how truck performed. Ran through rain and no favorable winds from Minnesota to Branson and averaged 19.2 MPG. Put almost 300 miles on truck driving around Branson the week we were there and MPG only dropped to 18.4. Cleared for trip to Lincoln and then home to Minnesota. Not as much rain but still no favorable winds for ride home but ended up at 20.2 MPG. Speed was always between 67 to 72 MPH. I was really impressed with truck when I wasnt using cruise control and it would hold almost all hills in 7th gear and no drop in speed. Transmission and engine work really well together.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-06-2019, 07:38 PM
twowheeladdict
Shift_lurker

I don't much care for "professional" reviewers.

I bought my Titan S because it had the features I wanted without forcing me to buy "packages" to get an 8 cylinder engine.

Plus, Nissan is the only company I have dealt with where the DIY person can perform so many OEM upgrades that would be impossible with other manufacturers.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode