Custom JBA headers and Cat-Back - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 19 Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
DF6_Titan
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Custom JBA headers and Cat-Back

Ok guys well I dropped my truck of at a friends shop last Thursday and I got the truck back yesterday with my custom header project completed. Needless to say I could not be happier with the out come of the project. So far the truck is still learning the new headers but I have done some force learning for the ECU and I got brave today and did some WOT runs 6 to be exact 3 before 30-40 miles and 3 after I also reset the mass air flow sensor to speed up the learning time and I have great results. Also I have not got a new tune for the truck so ill attach the fastest run so you guys can see what the truck is doing and now on the to good part.

Here is the part list
1- pair of ceramic coated JBA shorties Headers price 435.99 from socalmotorsports
2- Dynatech powercat 2.25'' Inlet/Outlet Converter part #329-79-400225 price 169.99 each from Jegs
2- 304 stainless O2 Bungs price 3.95 each from Mandel Bend Solutions
1- 10 foot of stainless 2.25 pipes price 85.00 from Matt's Auto
install cost and fabrication price is 606.50 25 hours of work for a total price for my project of 1475.37

All the piping from the collector back is 2.25 and it sounds sick. My friend cut me a huge deal on the install. They reused all the stock hardware including the flanges they cut down the flanges and sandblasted them to clean them up the flange on the old cats from the manifolds is now on the 2.50 collector. The flanges from the B-pipes were all cut down and sandblasted and refitted to the 2.25 stainless pipe the high-flow cats were welded in the stock reso location and bungs put in right after the cats. So now I think its time for some pics ill get better ones when I put the truck back on the racks next week but here we go.

Driver side Cat Driver side collector

Drivers side down pipe Drivers side down pipe

Passenger side Cat Driver side Cat

Driver side Collector Passenger side collector

Passenger side down pipe

Well thats all the pics now for a poor quality vid but still a vid ill have a better one soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtpYQmCNG4
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0to60_6.04Seconds 30-40 miles header run 1.csv (23.1 KB, 347 views)

IRC Pit Crew Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my dyno
--->

My header setup JBA
-->
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
RBsTitan
Shift_Obsessed

Ol Okie from ???? Awe shuxs that's a great post brother! Listen to that pig oink! LOVE it and the pictures!

2004 CC LE 4x2 5360lbs
DYNO: Stock: 275rwhp 331tq (Fram AirHog)MODS: PGM 90mm Throttle Body, Custom PGM Throttle Body Spacer, Custom Throttle Body Intercooler, RBS Custom Ram Air, 170 Thermostat, Volant G1 CAI, Stillen Headers, Custom B-Pipe w/Cats in line, Custom Banks Exhaust, Father of Titan UpRev Tunes, JWT Cams, Detroit TruTrac LSD, N20, lol

UpRev ProTuner and IRC CREW CHIEF "International Racing Club VK56"

13.90 FST beating mustang

13.30 @101.79 FST 80shot

post #3 of 19 Old 01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
kha4079
CTs Little Chihuahua
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! whoa dude for that installation im not sure but they did do all the labor so its all good!! it still looks AWESOME and sounds SWEET!!!! id advise you to soap down the welds on the flanges to check for exhaust leaks. looks like they welded em pretty hot.
post #4 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:24 AM
suddenurge
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sure sounds mean, no rasp, just deep and powerful.

Chicago area 05 KC SE 4x2 FFV, smoke, 2.94 gearing. Mods: Hypertech Max Energy, JBA catback, Airaid 4" MXP CAI, Hellwig HD traction springs, 08 rear shackles, Nasta nerf bars, Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub, Autoenginuity/enhanced Nissan software. Best full street trim (5120#) 1/4 mile track time of 14.632 running Bully Dog 87+2 and S&B CAI.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Leadsled124
Shift_Obsessed

Sounds awsome Man! Looks like you did your homwork on the parts good choice. Now hows would you say the sound changed with this setup and with these headers b4 cats? Just as loud? Little quieter or just less drone? im debating on saving up for cats for my new setup

post #6 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Warp09
Shift_Obsessed

That is a really nice set up man! Looks sexy!

post #7 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
DF6_Titan
Shift_Hardcore

well its totally different from the stock JBA cat-back listen to the vid in my sig and then the new vid you can hear the difference no rasp just a nice sick sound and I would tell anyone going with the JBA headers thinking about high-flows and well I paid alot for the cats but they are proven performers I think Chris Toomnymods still uses the dynatech or at least he did on his 2.25 pipes. My logs have already improved and the truck isn't done learning. All I have to say is its freaking sick. Oh forgot I do have more drone about 65-70 but oh well I can live with it love the hotrod sound I have now.

IRC Pit Crew Chief

my dyno
--->

My header setup JBA
-->
post #8 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:41 AM
RBsTitan
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenurge
Sure sounds mean, no rasp, just deep and powerful.
Ditto! Deeeeeeeeep and POWrfullll!

way to walk the line cuz.

2004 CC LE 4x2 5360lbs
DYNO: Stock: 275rwhp 331tq (Fram AirHog)MODS: PGM 90mm Throttle Body, Custom PGM Throttle Body Spacer, Custom Throttle Body Intercooler, RBS Custom Ram Air, 170 Thermostat, Volant G1 CAI, Stillen Headers, Custom B-Pipe w/Cats in line, Custom Banks Exhaust, Father of Titan UpRev Tunes, JWT Cams, Detroit TruTrac LSD, N20, lol

UpRev ProTuner and IRC CREW CHIEF "International Racing Club VK56"

13.90 FST beating mustang

13.30 @101.79 FST 80shot

post #9 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 AM
SoCal_Titan
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to SoCal_Titan
Man thats SWWEEEEEEEEET makes me wish i had more money for mods LoL!!!

05 KC XE
Performance: Bully Dog GT, K&N CAI, 07 Exhaust w/11" MF DI/DO Dumped, Big 3 in 1/0g
Exterior: Modded 08 Headlights, Gloss Black Grille Shell w/DIY Grille Colormatched, Colormatched Mirrors, Debadged, SS Roll Pan, Rear Leaf Removal w/ST Drop Shackles, Painted Flat Black 05 SE Wheels, Armada Airdam, 20% Tinted Front Windows, 2 Toned Hood
Interior: Flat Black Radio/Gauge Bezel & Door Panels, Seat Lift, Audio Build in Progress
post #10 of 19 Old 01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
SPEEDDEMON
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to Club JBA LOL Nice setup you probably got a torque monster there.

'03 Ford F150 Supercrew [Stock for now]

Laid to rest :-04 LE CC 4*4 Off Road w Big Tow, Dvd, Nav, Vsc, Sunroof, Beltronics Pro RX65, Jba Ceramic Titanium Headers, Jba SS Evo Custom Exhaust, Volant Generation 3 Cold Air Intake, Airaid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, Modified Throttle Body, Advanced Timing and Idle Rpm, JetTech Original Dynachrome Leaf Spring Helpers, Nitto NT404 Extreme Force Suv Performance Tires, SpeedDemon's Bag of Custom Tricks

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode