post #1 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
jscott
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shockwarehouse…WHAT A JOKE!

If you care about customer service – avoid Shockwarehouse

I ordered a set of Bilstein 5100’s for my 2005 CC in early March. On March 11th I received a system generated email notifying me that the Bilstein 5100’s were on national/worldwide back ordered until April 30th. Not great news, but no big deal

March comes and goes and in mid April I see them on CT letting users there know that some Bilstein shocks had started tricking in.,..but when I asked about mine I am told I’m at the back of the line …again…not great news, but I can wait.

April 30th comes and goes with NO word from Shockwarehouse… I finally call them during the first week of May and a nice lady tells me that they are now back-ordered until May 20th. I ask her why wasn’t I contacted and am told they are calling those with held orders and had just not gotten to me yet (BS!)

May 20th comes and goes – again NO word from Shockwarehouse (WTF?!). On May 21st I again reach out to them to ask if the shocks are in…NO RESPONSE – NOTHING until I get a near empty response to my email with only a FedEX tracking in it…NOTHING ELSE – no acknowledgment of what was shipped, no apology for the delay, not even a “Thanks for your business” message.

I realize customer service is a lost art… but if I had to do it all over I would give up the slightly better price and would have dealt with a company who respects and values its customers.

Can’t wait to see what I get from FedEx this week…If its not right I'm very concerned that I'll be successful getting it straightened out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 08:02 PM
LPTITAN
Shift_Fanatic

that stinks I have always had good luck with them.just got struts for my girls maxima.if you can not get the bilstiens try the edelbrocks.

04 king cab 2wd 294 rear-Uprev generic tuned with JET maf and running tru duals 2 inch to muffler with H pipe to a single 18 inch magnaflow 2 in 2 out 21/2 inch tails will be changeing to 2 inch in the futur, nismo cai, iradium plugs, tb screen removed,trutrac. Liquid Metal 22 inch rims with Nitto 420 tires,1 1/2 inch rear drop by spring removal ,Helwig sway bar, roll pan, functional hood scoop in to Nissmo cai, grill inserts, debadged, slotted and drilled rotors, dash kit.TB bye passed, carbon fiber tail lights and Bilstein shocks, cover king leatherett seat covers, scan gauge ll, undercover bed cover, Best Gtech 6.16.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM
gweasel77
Shift_Obsessed

I'm sure it's to due w/ the national backorder. So, when the 1st. new shipment's went out, it depend's om the date that you ordered them as to who's get sent out where. It's 1st. bought 1st. serve i'm sure.

So, stick it out man, trust me i'm positive there more than a hand full of people, like yourself who are waiting also.

2005 NISSAN TITAN SE KC FFV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IRC VK56 MEMBER
performance:

Custom 4" RamAir / Custom Fujita CAI / '08 IM / AirRaid TBS / Nismo LT Header's / UpRev Osiris Custom Tuned / Trans. Cooler / Catch Can / TruTrac / Banks Monster Exhaust / MT ET Street P295/45R/17 DR's

exterior:
Ruff Racing R286 22"x 9.5" Chrome's w/ 305/45/22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X's / Slotted Frozen Rotor's / Hawk LTS Brake Pad's / Stillen Diff Cover / ST 2" Drop Shackles / PRG Camber bolt's / Helwig RSB / Bilstein HD Shock's / DDM 8K HID's / Tow Hook's / Armada Air Dam / SolarGard Tint / Debadged

~ best 1/4 time - 13.91 @ 96.82MPH
60' - 1.90
1/8 - 8.85 @ 77.17MPH
post #4 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
jscott
Shift_lurker

I didn't mind the wait as much as "me" having to be the one to follow up with "them"...who's the customer here?

A simple - "we're sorry for any inconvenience this delay may have caused and thank you for your business" would have gone a long way.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
shockguys
Supporting Vendor
Shift_Newbie

Well first of all we apologize for the miscommunication.

But I would like to ask the board and specifically the members who thrash us up here.

Do you realize we do not charge anyone's credit card until the order is shipped (This excludes people who pay by Paypal. We have no control over that payment system)? So what that means is we derive no benefit from holding your orders. We do not make any money this way. I love to tell you we get some intrinsic benefit from people buying shocks like we made your car safer and that is great but we are here to make money. In some cases we gain some technical knowledge from the members but in most cases we are business to make money so products being on backorder are not fun.

He is 100% correct. We can't win. Dates change as many AS THREE TIMES A WEEK. If we call and email and keep telling you different ship dates then you will go up here and post - "Shockwarehouse is screwing with me they keep lying." Or JS MULL might post DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM" So what we do instead is the moment the backorder products hit the warehouse, the moment I tell you we go into overdrive in the warehouse. Every able bodied member of Shockwarehouse gets out there and boxes and ships shocks so the orders get there maybe a day earlier. If you would like we can take our time, call you, email you and tell you they will go tomorrow. Or we can ship you the darn shocks, ASAP.

Do you think we like to spend time defending ourselves on message boards, being berated by phone calls and emails on backorders? Do you know that right now Bilstein who makes the best shocks in the world have SIXTY FOUR Part numbers on backorder? Yeah 64 and not minor part numbers either major truck shocks. Believe Titan Talk and Clubtitanmembers you are not the only ones. The employees here at Shockwarehouse bust there butt to deliver the best customer service they can. But with dates changing all the time it is hard to make judgment calls on who and when to notify because again it is a no-win situation.

JSMull with regard to your post about us being a joke. We personally apologize. You have every right to go up here and post what you want. But I will tell you this. The margins in the auto parts business are small. Once we give you the forum discount we hardly and in some cases make any money. And sometimes after reading your post we look at these forums and go "Why do we do this? We make little money, people stand behind a blind call sign and berate us, and we spend time writing and defending ourselves over what? Because our manufacturers change the backorder dates. Understand if we do not have the part nobody else does. There are no alternatives. So go ahead and pay more money to a company that does not support the Titan boards and is a little more expensive if that gives you peace of mind. But you will not get shocks a day earlier from that company.

At the end of the day we apologize for the miscommunication. But we will not apologize for manufacturers who are located overseas and change the dates on us. We sell quality performance brands at low prices.

PLEASE CALL US We have an 800 number. It would have been a lot easier to explain this to you over the phone. Believe me when you have 64 major parts on backorder and over a thousand customers waiting on parts it helps us too. As you can imagine calling and emailing 1000 people a week can be difficult with people not answering there phone and people ignoring opening their order updates via email.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
o-fivecc
Shift_Obsessed

100% agree with shockwarehouse....Sorry, I had great customer support from them when I bought Bilstein 5100's front and back. I got all 4 for about $270. No one else even came remotely close to that price. Give the guys a break, with the Nation back ordered on 1000's of these parts, its a little straining on a company to keep up with everybody. They can't call and email everyone, but everyone may expect a call or email and get upset. Since you can't b*tch at Bilstein, you take it out on the middle man....Did you pay with paypal? Do they even have your money yet?

New ride: 2005 Pontiac GTO

Sold
2005 Crew Cab...13.7 @99.1 NA...13.3 at 103 Juicin'

Nismo LT headers, Uprev tune, no cats, JBA catback with 22" Mag, Detroit Tru-Trac, 07 intake, AEM Brute Force, Trans-Go shift kit
Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X in 275/55/20, rear drop shackles, modded headlights, tinted tails, Armaden LEDs, Hellwig traction springs, Bilsteain 5100's rear, Hellwig rear sway bar, Armada airdam, DDM 8000k HIDs in headlights and fogs---And DDM sucks
post #7 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
gweasel77
Shift_Obsessed

Now that customer service right there.

I plan on ordering some HD strut's soon. Good to know that shockguy is helping you out getting your order.

2005 NISSAN TITAN SE KC FFV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IRC VK56 MEMBER
performance:

Custom 4" RamAir / Custom Fujita CAI / '08 IM / AirRaid TBS / Nismo LT Header's / UpRev Osiris Custom Tuned / Trans. Cooler / Catch Can / TruTrac / Banks Monster Exhaust / MT ET Street P295/45R/17 DR's

exterior:
Ruff Racing R286 22"x 9.5" Chrome's w/ 305/45/22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X's / Slotted Frozen Rotor's / Hawk LTS Brake Pad's / Stillen Diff Cover / ST 2" Drop Shackles / PRG Camber bolt's / Helwig RSB / Bilstein HD Shock's / DDM 8K HID's / Tow Hook's / Armada Air Dam / SolarGard Tint / Debadged

~ best 1/4 time - 13.91 @ 96.82MPH
60' - 1.90
1/8 - 8.85 @ 77.17MPH
post #8 of 13 Old 05-25-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
jscott
Shift_lurker

To each his own. I have 30+ years of sales and customer service experience- built lost and built again a number of businesses - so maybe my expectations just don't fit with today's realities.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 10:31 AM
NoPaTitan
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
To each his own. I have 30+ years of sales and customer service experience- built lost and built again a number of businesses - so maybe my expectations just don't fit with today's realities.
I agree completely, I had a similar experience with them. When I placed my order it was my understanding that the shocks (Bilstein 5100's) were in stock and would be shipped immediately. A couple of days after the order was placed I checked the status and noted that the shocks were backordered. I checked the status again several days after they were supposed to have been received off of the backorder and no update was provided on my order, when I called them they provided a new backorder date but when they could not confirm the legitimacy of the new date I cancelled my order. I requested they provide an email confirming the cancellation and received a terse "already been sent", I never received it. I checked with another supplier and found the shocks to be in stock for a slightly better price (not including the club discount which I was unaware of at the time) but I had to pay shipping. Total cost was $22.00 greater than Shockwarehouse ($39.00 more if you include the discount) but I had the shocks a couple of days later.

Not only do they provide the poor customer service initially they then come onto the forum and bash you for pointing out their poor service and whine about how hard it is do provide what is normally (or formerly) expected to be standard service protocols. The poor performance of their supplier may not be able to be helped but the poor performance on their part (customer service) certainly can be. I will buy elsewhere.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Jackalope
Shift_Enthusiast

Hey JScott, What did you expect... Maybe you wanted something for nothing?

My wife thinks I spend to much on my truck!!

UpRev Tuned

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode