Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 B tow... my rear axle as of this week is toast. im looking into swapping in an 08 or newer with non B tow gears. im guessing the pinion is different so the driveshaft would need mods, the brake calipers are bigger, so the brake lines need mods.. and the parking brake... has anyone done this? advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
May as well change out the entire rear end. Lotsa upgrades from 04 to 08 like the addition of stronger spider gears.

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^ I agree. The 2008 Titans are awesome as compared to my 2006.... I honestly think they installed Frontier brakes in the 2004-2006 Titans. LMAO

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a new '08 BT axle in my garage in case I loose the axle in my '04 BT. I bought it from an automotive testing company that needed to measure the ring and pinion but Nissan would only sell them complete axles. The driveshaft should bolt up to the new axle with no modification. I think the rear brakes are the same between on '04 and an '08 but I'm not 100% sure of that. The parking brake should be the same. Comparing my axles, my '04 has two rubber brake lines that drop down to the axle while the new '08 axle has only one so I'll need to cut the brake line bracket off the new axle and weld on the one from the '04 plus swap the brake lines. Other than that, it should be an easy swap. I'll probably upgrade my supposedly weak '04 spring shackles at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts