Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the beast in for a rattling noise and the master mechanic said both of my exhaust manifolds have cracks in them. Dealership is replacing both manifolds under warranty. Truck has 65,000 miles on her and will not be done till Monday evening. Not sure if this is covered under the extended warranty or the power train warranty but glad it is covered.

·
Registered
317 Posts
probably covered on the 80k emissions warranty. is that your first set to go?? my 08 had both replaced at 20k lol...they really should do something about them

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is the first time. I thought I have heard escaping gases when I get on it but it wasnt that loud so I ignored it. I just hope they do a good job as I hate to break any factory seals. Nothing ever is quite right when they start replacing factory parts. If this doesnt last I will surely be going to JBA headers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
yep, as soon as my warranty expires and that last set cracks on my new T...im def getting headers lol. in my 08 i noticed not from the sound, but because of my fluctuating idle. i thought it was an ecu issue to start. never imagined at 20k they would need replaced.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is the defect in the material or the workmanship, or both? Or is it cause i ride this pony hard and love to jump on the accelerator?

·
Registered
317 Posts
ive heard many different opinions. some say materials, others say designs, etc. people were thinking that the Ts that run E85 were cracking because that fuel runs hotter in turn causing higher exhaust temps. another big theory, which i believe in, is the design. instead of using 1 flange, they use 2...causing a weak spot between them. that is were most crack....at least both of mine did. running the hell outta the thing, yes, will probably not last near as long. along with many other things lol. jumping on it shouldnt effect it much...its high temps that get it. with these engines (in a healthy condition), you can run the crap outta them and not overheat...in my experience

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got the Titan back tonight. the dealership did a great job and changed both exhaust manifolds under warranty. the Truck sounds and runs like new. I also had them change the belt, and a had them do a tranny flush. At 65K I think it's about time for a little preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
good to hear....

·
Registered
129 Posts
i heard it was a no no to do tranny flushes on titan's. i hope they dropped the pan and did it that way or you might be looking at a new tranny. Thats what ive been reading anyway, never happened to me, as i had to replace rad so most of my tranny fluid leaked out anyway so it got soem new atf.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I sure hope the dealership knows what their doing and I havent had any problems with over 150 miles on the tranny since the flush. I was trying to watch from the fish bowl windows at the dealership service center and it looked like they were hooking up some kind of flush machine, couldnt tell ya what. But everything looks ok so far and my baby shifts like it did always...smooth and with power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts