Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'll,
Just bought the big dude (08 XE king cab, very basic). It'll sit you back the seat if you stomp on it. I was quite impressed. I've got a trailer to pull and all kinds of gear to haul up at altitude, so this should be good stuff.

It only has AC. No power anything... I've gotten a start with the stereo and rear view camera. Putting on an ARE topper. Will add a leveling kit, just getting started.

I want a sliding rear window, but the local glass shop tried 2 of the aftermarket windows and they weren't curved right. The ends stuck out 1/2". Has anyone put in an aftermarket sliding rear window? What brand and how did it fit? The Nissan sliding rear window is almost $700... ouch..

Love the gas mileage!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Welcome to the Club. Yeah this truck is impressive on the butt dyno area. Even the stock exhaust has a good note.

As far as power options are concerned, I had none also but got hooked up with power windows via Spal power window kits. Also got an alarm with solenoids for keyless entry.

Aftermarket sliding window, Ill let someone else chime in as Ive got the factory set.

Good luck and post up some pics of the BEAST...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I have never heard of an aftermarket sliding rear window for the Titan. But I have heard of guys putting in the OEM sliding window. I think only the crew cab has the room for the motor and window in the back of the cab though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Well, it isn't so impressive now. I head to Steamboat later this week, so maybe I can get it in a trouble situation and take some shots!

I found a used slider on Ebay. I'm just a little leary of getting it from someone on Ebay. It's not too exspensive though and there seems to be plenty of positive feedback for the seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140408647529&viewitem=
That OEM window just seems way too much...

I'll track down the power windows you mentioned. I think not having power locks is the biggest hassle. It's a long way across the cab to lock and unlock it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts