Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am having a starting problem with my 08 Titan, with 58k miles. Problem started a few weeks ago after I filled up the tank. Turn the key and would not start, engine will turn over. I removed the gas cap and it started up right away. I have had the same problem several times since then all with the same solution. I think that it may be the Fuel Pressure Sensor. I really do not know how to check if that is the problem, also I believe that the Sensor is located close to the gas tank.
any help??
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Are you using the stock gas cap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the same problem - my Pro4X will crank away and not start. Seems to happen more during the cold weather. I will go a week and have no problems and then it gets cold and then just that one morning it will crank away without starting. Crazy thing was I had a mechanic look at it and he changed out the battery even though the other one cranks fine. It started right up. My guess is that it has to do with the alarm system not allowing the motor to kick on with my old battery. It allows it to crank but not start (like a switch of some kind). I've got a new battery in it now ($$$) and hopefully that will continue to work. Fingers crossed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts