Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone recommend getting the service done by the dealer kinda pricey (610.00) just wondering if its worth it

·
Registered
82 Posts
depends on what you feel comfortable doing. do you have the service manual? i think you do sparks, fluids and timing chain? I'm not there on my titan yet but i will be doing it in about 40k miles. if you do it yourself let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not sure I'd bother with the timing chain unless you're throwing a P0335. The tensioner should keep it running right. I can see changing a belt, but I seldom hear people having problems with chains or just changing them for maintenance like a belt.

Maybe someone else can chime in if they know otherwise re: a chain change. I know what the manual says. But I know what experience says as well.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I can see doing the coolant flush and changing spark plugs. Did that with my 2004 @ 110k and it made for a lot better truck. Both can be done in the front yard or you can pay just make sure and buy quality supplies and not let some shop put in crap. I'd change the coolant to a ELC and make sure and use the iridium plugs that are in it.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My problem with doing my own coolant is that nobody in the area will take the old fluid like they do with engine oil. And letting it go down the storm drain is a no-no. I don't see how you can get a good solid flush of the coolant system unless you run gallons of water through there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yip, sorry did a little more research on the timing chain er 2 of them and no replacing needed unless you hear it. was thinking it was a service like in my wife's civic (timing chain and water pump). thanks The Skeeter, I learn something new about my truck every week in here. Anyways, i just took all fluids back to the auto parts store to have it recycled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts