Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CT memembers,

I have 112000. miles on my 04 titan, most of my services are done. My question about the shocks, I see alot have done them around 30-60k miles, I think I missed this one. What shock would you guys put on a 4x4, I have the origanal rancho still on.

Thanks,

JC

·
Registered
30 Posts
I replaced my original Ranchos with Bilstein HDs at around 92K. Been really happy with them so far. I put on the leveling kit at the same time...should have done that a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I just bought some Bilstein HD's also.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i also need to chang mine ...evert time i go over a bump it sounds like something knocking

·
Registered
765 Posts
Put new Bilstein's on my '04 at about 90K. I can only say it was an improvement, but not overwhelming like I was expecting, considering how much the ride quality of my truck has dropped off over the years.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Put new Bilstein's on my '04 at about 90K. I can only say it was an improvement, but not overwhelming like I was expecting, considering how much the ride quality of my truck has dropped off over the years.
Probably need to replace the coils as well, if you have close to 100K probably good idea to replace while you have them off replacing the struts.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Probably need to replace the coils as well, if you have close to 100K probably good idea to replace while you have them off replacing the struts.
They were well within spec's, (14 to 14 1/4 inches unladen). Mine still measured 14 1/4. Also the measured height of my wheel wells are still the same as when the truck was new (37 1/2" IIRC).

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Shocks

I installed the Bilsteins along with the PRG Mini Lift and Hellwig Helper Springs and rear sway bar at 60,000 miles.

Helped out quite a bit and still going strong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts