Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck to the dealership yesterday to check out my brakes. To make a long story short they had my battery unhooked for quite a while because my 2 degree timing advance is gone. I cannot believe how much of a difference it made because my truck feels weak now.

Unfortunatley the only place I know that will do the advance is about 2 hours away, so i was wondering if anyone one here lives in southwest PA, western MD, or Northern WV that could hook me up, or if anyone knows where I can take it. I live close to Morgantown, WV.

thanks,

·
Registered
607 Posts
TitanBlue is one hell of a nice guy and he is around the towson MD area i believe. He will do it for you. Tell him slim said hi if you get him to do it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will not remove the two degree advance. I believe it would reset fuel tables back to stock and that might make for a different feel for a couple hundred miles. If the dealer reflashed your ECU for some reason that would remove the advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought if you left the battery disconnected for over about an hour it would reset it. Something definitely changed. So you are saying if i just drive it a few hundred miles it will re-curve the fuel tables?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
turbotsi92 said:
I thought if you left the battery disconnected for over about an hour it would reset it. Something definitely changed. So you are saying if i just drive it a few hundred miles it will re-curve the fuel tables?
Yes, there have been members that had their battery disconnected for several days and the timing advance is still there. The advance is not stored in RAM memory. Maybe someone else can explain it better than me.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I think what he's saying is correct. You probably just need to drive it some and the ECU will re-learn what's going on with the truck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that is great news. It didn't even feel like my truck yesterday. It was crazy how different it was.

thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts