Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tweeked my 08 4x4 titan to get around 20 mpg, then I had the timing advanced, drove 6000 miles to Florda and back and averaged 7 to 10 mpg towing an ultralite camper, without the trailer I'm averaging 16 mpg now, quite a shocker when gas is over $3.00 a gallon, tried to get my local repair shop to put the timing back to factory but they said they couldn't do it without nissan software so I guess I'll take it back to Nissan and spend another $60, anyone else notice a drastic change in mpg after advancing the timing ?

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Most have a slight increase in mileage, if anything. Maybe your dealer didn't set the timing correctly. What is your location? There may be other members in your area who can check your timing, using their tuner.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I'm certain the 2 degree didn't do it to you. What did you do to "tweak it to get 20 mpg"? Towing anything can drop mileage drastically due to drag alone. I dropped to low very teens with a 5x8 landscape trailer lightly loaded, usually get 18 on highway with family and luggage.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I noticed a loss of MPG after the timing advance. This was even when I drove to maximize mileage for an entire tank. I did notice the change in power. It was small but I noticed it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm north of San Diego Ca /Fallbrook , my tweeking consisted of flowmaster/throttle body spacer and opening up air intake with a K/N filter, I would have been happy with low teens mpg but basic fill up and check mileage never broke 10 mpg, my ford 4.6 2006 got 11 to 14 pulling the same camper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.