Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 200000 miles the other day. Anyone else have high mileage Titans?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Awesome man, any issues so far? I have 130k on my 05..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear end and headers are the only big things

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nice. This should help those people with the "Should I buy an 04 T?" questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have 303,000 on my 04. Bought the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 04. Same issues as most people. Rearend seals and rotors. Also had the issue with the heater and cold switch clicking then having to replace the diverter box under dash because of so many plastic levers and switches that break. Not cheap. First box lasted 250,000 miles and seven years. The currect box didn't last a year but since I put over 30,000 miles on that box they would not warranty it pass 12,000. So far I have refused to pay the $1000-$2500 depending on what they find to repair it again. Went through the fall, winter, and now the spring not knowing if the heat would work or not. I've leave it on heat all the time and sometimes it put out warm air and sometimes I had to turn the vents off to keep from getting cold air from outside.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wow, that's great. My brother showed me a facebook posting where a guy claimed to have 355,000 miles on his Titan. I'm at 130. Brakes, radiator, and rear seals were my only real problems. Brakes and (1st time) seals were warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love hearing about no engine or tranny problems! Exactly why I bought a Titan 5+ years ago. Also have a honda accord for the wife!

I mainly only use mine for hauling dirtbikes or towing so I only have 56k miles so far. Front rotors warped but that is it so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't have quite the mileage. 163,200. Bought this truck in October 2004. Still enjoy. Best 1/2 ton pickup out there. At least as far as I am concerned. STill get compliments. I tell people to just go to a dealer and test drive one. I have had two problems over the last 8 1/2 years. Exhaust manifolds cracked. But that was due to the heavy long distance driving I was doing in the winter months pulling a trailer. Found out that if I would have idle the truck for a short period after the end of the run it would have given the manifold a chance to cool down some before shutting down. The other was I had to replace front hubs. I mentioned to the mechanic that I should have been more diligent in greasing. His comment was that they were self greasing. So on the oil changes when I had previous vehicles greased there wasn't an opportunity. I don't really like that idea. Oil and greasing on a regular basis is just part of preventative action.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I only have 35,000 on my 08 because I do not drive it in the winter here in the Chicago, IL area. They use a ALOT of road salt and I have seen what it has done to my 1991 Nissan pick up. I have 255,000 on the 1991 but the frame rails are almost gone. I may not get a nother winter out of it but runs like a champ!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wow, that's great. My brother showed me a facebook posting where a guy claimed to have 355,000 miles on his Titan.
That guy is now on TT. Amazing thing is it's all stock. Original headers, rear end, shackles, etc. Guess he found the secret...no mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wouldn't worry about salt

I live in St Paul Minn. Driven many time through Chicago to other cities to work shows. Chicago. The city always under road construction. And Tolls.:). Point is my 2004 has seen plenty of salted roads. I wash the truck at least everyother week. Even in winter. Especially in the winter. The only rust I have is due to poor repair job by Abra. Did a facelift of dings and dents that come from parking. You know what I mean. About 3 months after spending $2000 I noticed bubbling paint above wheel well. They said it was moisture. And in a way it was. Between the two skins there is foam. It got wet. I find that out a couple of weeks ago visiting another body shop. Plus the the metal was still exposed with a finger rub. Abra either used no primer in that area or a poor one. I will have repair made. Removing wet foam. If they would have done that from the start it would have cost a few hundred more. But I wouldn't be looking at the cost I am looking at today. I enjoy this truck and like to have it looking nice. Is it crazy to spend money on a vehicle that probably has a book value of only $6-7000?

I only have 35,000 on my 08 because I do not drive it in the winter here in the Chicago, IL area. They use a ALOT of road salt and I have seen what it has done to my 1991 Nissan pick up. I have 255,000 on the 1991 but the frame rails are almost gone. I may not get a nother winter out of it but runs like a champ!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I live in St Paul Minn. Driven many time through Chicago to other cities to work shows. Chicago. The city always under road construction. And Tolls.:). Point is my 2004 has seen plenty of salted roads. I wash the truck at least everyother week. Even in winter. Especially in the winter. The only rust I have is due to poor repair job by Abra. Did a facelift of dings and dents that come from parking. You know what I mean. About 3 months after spending $2000 I noticed bubbling paint above wheel well. They said it was moisture. And in a way it was. Between the two skins there is foam. It got wet. I find that out a couple of weeks ago visiting another body shop. Plus the the metal was still exposed with a finger rub. Abra either used no primer in that area or a poor one. I will have repair made. Removing wet foam. If they would have done that from the start it would have cost a few hundred more. But I wouldn't be looking at the cost I am looking at today. I enjoy this truck and like to have it looking nice. Is it crazy to spend money on a vehicle that probably has a book value of only $6-7000?
Yea, I'm the same way, my 05 is probably only worth about 8K but it looks brand new, I had a minor fender bender last year that cost me $1100 bucks as I paid for it myself even though I have full coverage my deductible is $1000.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't worry about driving in the winters hear in NH. I plow in the winter so have to drive in the storms. The salt has not bothered my truck at all. Go through the car wash once in a while to wash off the salt. When I do my oil changes, I will undercoat the frame and such if it is needed. In short, just keep up with the cleaning and maintenance.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
and i thought my 100k on my 2005 was an accomplishment!

3 axle seals
1 manifold
1 wheel bearing/hub assy
2 sets of leaking trans cooler lines
1 universal joint
2 torn/leaking cv boots
1 leaking front pinion seal
1 leaking rear pinion seal
1 t-case input seal
1 t-case output seal

i think that is everything. the steering rack is leaking now too though, but i just keep dumping PS fluid in her.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems no one has posted on here for a while. I have a 2008 4 x4 flex-fuel Titan le. I am the original owner, and it has 317000 miles. I have replaced the front rotors, pads all around, rear caliper rebuild, replace the starter, recently rebuilt the rear end and replace the serpentine belt twice. Replace the spark plugs once. Florida truck and it still looks brand new and runs perfect.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts