Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new tires put on my truck. I was checking my suspension and now I'm hearing this noise. Any ideas what it could be? It's very hard to locate the sound by ear. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I got someone to help me load the truck down like the video and I was able to feel the noise coming from my sway bar. It's hard to see because the entire truck moves while the sway bar shifts in the bushing relative to the truck. You can see a gap forming though inside the bushing on the right side of the swaybar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got someone to help me load the truck down like the video and I was able to feel the noise coming from my sway bar. It's hard to see because the entire truck moves while the sway bar shifts in the bushing relative to the truck. You can see a gap forming though inside the bushing on the right side of the swaybar.

View attachment 65951 View attachment 65952
I just went through that mini nightmare..the issue is that there will always be a small gap at the forward facing side..once the sway bar was removed..the inside of the bushing that u cant see..had visible worn holes in the rubber from the bar still attempting to absorb the hits. I have replaced top and bottom control arms..links..tie rods..lifted front 4 inches..back 3..now I found two busted cv axles. Spend the money..get it right..you will be happy later.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just went through that mini nightmare..the issue is that there will always be a small gap at the forward facing side..once the sway bar was removed..the inside of the bushing that u cant see..had visible worn holes in the rubber from the bar still attempting to absorb the hits. I have replaced top and bottom control arms..links..tie rods..lifted front 4 inches..back 3..now I found two busted cv axles. Spend the money..get it right..you will be happy later.
I replaced all of the above over time too. In hindsight I should have just done it all at once rather than chasing issues spread out over years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts