Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a hardbody and finally upgraded to a 2004 titan. Had a bunch of little things that need to be corrected and noticed the diff was painted. I figure i would check fluid and inspect but, it had a issue before i got the chance. I need to rebuild or replace axle as the pinion sheared teeth. Still drives but, if i let up on gas it grinds bad. I have to keep foward pressure on axle. I found a e locker and pinion i can swap into my axle out of a 2005 or should i be looking at putting a axle in from a 2010 model. I see many posts about early axle issues. Never set a ring and pinion so kinda concerned. Heard you can mess it up in a hurry. Thanks
20200607_014840.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah replaced rear end last summer in my 04 happens in dana 44s from this time period if axle spins bearing inside axle its done problem is not as many titans made as other brands like chevy ford or dodge making them harder to find and costly, I paid 1300.00 for a used one with 90000 on it looked for 2 months good luck

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Back in the day, every time I took my '04 Titan in for regular maintenance, I would see one or two of those rear axle assembly crates just waiting for the next customer. The dealer replaced mine in '06 without even asking, under warranty of course. The replacement is still going strong at 158,000 miles.

Reactions: TA CC TX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a 2005 e locker rear end. I replaced bearings and installed vent mod. Ring and pinion good but spiders have some wear. Ill see what i can get out of it and be on the look out for a 2008 -10 to have on standby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts