Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm in need of help. My 2005 Titan do not want to start, it is the 2 time that do this butvthe first it startvafter 30 minutes. Thisbtime it have been 2 days and all the lights in the dash are on, everything work except it do not cranck and I do not hear any clickbfrom the starter, only a little click from under the dash. Any help will be greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have try almost everything and still no start. I will remove the starter and see if it work outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I have try almost everything and still no start. I will remove the starter and see if it work outside.
Before replacing the starter, if you haven’t already, try the start/reverse lockout switch under the little round button-cap on the console next to the shift lever. Pull the cap off and stick a small screw driver or something that will fit through the hole down into the hole to close the switch. There’s a cutout switch in there that won’t allow the truck to start. The switch is wired through the brake switch as a safety feature. There is no replacement switch available so I had to put a zip-tie around it to keep it from locking out the start circuit. If you do it, you must keep in mind the shift lever can be moved into reverse at anytime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do not have that since I have the shifter on the steering colum.
Gotcha! Be sure the battery and starter connections at both locations are clean. There can be a very thin film of corrosion you don’t see which will give you the same problems. Lights and all work, but no start, since the current is resisted by the film.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I will be checking that tomorrow before remove the starter.
Wish mine was that easy cost me 265.00 at the time for the starter. After replacing ECM which did not fix my problem i almost gave up. problem started out very intermittent and killed my battery. But starter fixed it which truck starts great now. It’s been 2 years or more since i had to trouble shoot. I did not try starter out side of the truck So i really not sure if it would have worked or not. I say this because could have been a bad spot in the starter.
good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already took the starter to be test and it is dead but thanks everyone because I love to learn about my vehicles since I am what they call a grease monkey by heart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts