Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Nissan Titan that I took to the dealer to get 3 recalls fixed on. Prior to going to the dealer, I had zero issues with my truck, no lights on, etc. Immediately upon picking it up, the airbag light was flashing. The service technician acted like he did not notice the light flashing at all. When I tried to ask them about it they responded that they would have to see if they did anything wrong or not. One of the recalls they fixed was the HVAC unit and just below that unit is the light for the passenger side airbag. Prior to going to the dealer, that light would come on and stay on if no one was in the passenger seat and now, after the dealer, that light comes on when I put the key in and then it goes off and stays off and the airbag light starts flashing. The service tech acts dumb as dirt when I ask about it. He connected the diagnostic computer to it and it did show that there was a communication error code and he said that he cleared it and the light was off again; however, immediately as soon as I started my truck up, it was blinking again. The dealer is trying now to charge me $650 and saying that my module in my steering wheel needs to be replaced. I do not think that this is the issue, I think they are trying to get $ from me and they messed something else up but don't want to admit it. Any ideas on what I might be able to do to fix it? I have done the reset thing with the key, it does work but only for a couple hours and it starts blinking again. And when I do the rest with the key method, after the 3rd way and then trying to key again, the light doesn't show anything such as it going into diagnostic method on its own, the light just stays off until a few hours later when it starts flashing again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts