Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the airbox mod. I have the Bully Dog Power Pup tuner. I was wondering if a CAI would make a big difference from the airbox mod... If so which one? I was leaning toward the Volant but not sure. I have read that the S & B is a good one for the Flexfuel Titans... Help me out!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did the stock air box mod with a K&N flat filter on my FF09 LE and it seemed to wake it up once I put the K&N in it- it definitely made the air box louder! I have been wondering the same thing- I was looking at the Banks Ram Air

·
Registered
153 Posts
unless you're going to go all out with your exhaust system it's not (in my opinion) worth it to spend big money on a CAI. I have the Insys one off fleabay and it looks and sounds great and i got mild mpg gains when i can stay off the accelerator. lol you can't really go wrong with any of them, but it's all in what you want to spend and how you want it to look

·
Registered
746 Posts
Every little mod helps. I too started with just a CAI and after a year I worked on my exhaust. Try to get a closed intake system. Many have stated that S&B is good for the FFV Titans. I am a FFV, but I purchased a K&N 77 series CAI and it works just fine. However, once cams go in I am getting the S&B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every little mod helps. I too started with just a CAI and after a year I worked on my exhaust. Try to get a closed intake system. Many have stated that S&B is good for the FFV Titans. I am a FFV, but I purchased a K&N 77 series CAI and it works just fine. However, once cams go in I am getting the S&B.
I have read that the S & B lean the Flexfuel Titans out.... I think I will end up with one. My next thing isa 22" Magnaflow muffler. I am going to be sellig my BDPP in a little while because I want the BDGT... I was AMAZED at the difference the BDPP made. 5-7 minutes and a Night and Day difference.... The 0-40mph lag.....GONE!!!!! Do any of you guys have the part # for that 22" Magnaflow? Im sure i can find it but.... LOL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the airbox mod. I have the Bully Dog Power Pup tuner. I was wondering if a CAI would make a big difference from the airbox mod... If so which one? I was leaning toward the Volant but not sure. I have read that the S & B is a good one for the Flexfuel Titans... Help me out!! Thanks!!!
When I did the airbox mod I changed the filter to the K&N Flat filter too. The mod made it more "Thoaty" sounding. Plus I did notice more throttle response. I was quite pleased with the fact that a 15mph roll and you can floor it and burn the tires down... I Think you just may be able to tell that I am addicted to this truck.... LOL... I have owned many trucks over the years but... The Titan is hands down the most fun to drive!!! Its like a sports car on a truck frame!!!

:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
S&B CAI, BD or Superchips with a Magnaflow muffler swap will knock off one full second in the 1/4 mile on an FFV Titan.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I cannot find a S&B CAI for a 2009 Titan.... 2007 is the latest model I see that they offer one for...
It will fit on all 2004-2010 Titans/Armadas.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My first mod was a S&B intake and it snowballs from there. No problem with the flex fuel model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts