Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a flowmaster super 40 series but im leaving the rest of the exhaust system stock so looks like I need a dual in and single out muffler? what size pipes are on my truck and does anyone have a part number for the correct muffler??

·
Registered
226 Posts
if you want a super 40 series you will need to do a y pipe to a single in singe out muffler, or you will need to add another tail pipe and do a dual in dual out. flowmaster doesnt make a dual in single out super 40. they make that configuration in a 50 SUV or Delta Flow but its not as loud.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Stock pipe size is 2 /18" O.D. a 2 1/4" inlet muffler will work. The Flowmaster sounds killer, but will hurt performance. If all your going to do is cruise/tow and not race it the F/M will be fine.

Why did you start the same thread twice only 1 hour and 50 minutes apart: http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63093
Most members work, so have a little patience with the New Thread Button your questions will be answered. L8TR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok whats a good muffler that is dual in and single out that sounds something like super 40?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok whats a good muffler that is dual in and single out that sounds something like super 40?
magnaflow 14" case will be as loud as a super 40. just a different tone. its a straight trough muffler and performance will be slightly increased.
here is a link with the part number that i would use, stock in front, 3" in the back.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=9171

otherwise, i am running a y pipe, and i didnt notice a difference in performance than the dual in single out. in the long run, if you want a super 40, get a flowmaster y collector and put on the super 40. the flowmaster y collector is the best preforming y pipe on the market for the titans from what i have been hearing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock pipe size is 2 /18" O.D. a 2 1/4" inlet muffler will work. The Flowmaster sounds killer, but will hurt performance. If all your going to do is cruise/tow and not race it the F/M will be fine.

Why did you start the same thread twice only 1 hour and 50 minutes apart: http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63093
Most members work, so have a little patience with the New Thread Button your questions will be answered. L8TR.

well because I realized that I shouldnt have posted that In general discussion!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I put 2 14" magnaflows on my T and the performance went from me running a 14.0 to a 13.7 et on the 1/4
All I dis was cut the stock muffler off and replace it with the 2 14" magnaflows...sounds killer at WOT and smoot and soft as a baby's butt at a Cruz

·
Registered
226 Posts
I put 2 14" magnaflows on my T and the performance went from me running a 14.0 to a 13.7 et on the 1/4
All I dis was cut the stock muffler off and replace it with the 2 14" magnaflows...sounds killer at WOT and smoot and soft as a baby's butt at a Cruz
can i get a sound clip please? i am interested in the same or similar setup

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my 09 yesterday, and had a magnaflow dual in and single out put on with a turndown. Its not loud, but it does have a nice rumble. I would say its about twice as loud as stock.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts