Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new '10 SE, sorry not XE, and was wondering what things I should be aware of before the purchase. Mostly what the major issues are that the Titan has had and if Nissan has fixed them? I'd spend the time searching the posts, but I just don't have it. I totalled my current vehicle this morning and was looking into the Titan as the replacement. Any and all feedback it welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
welcome. the new titans are pretty damn bulletproof....earlier one had several issues. since the update between 07-08 they havent had any major issues. i am very particular about my vehicles and i gotta say, not too bad nissan. current editor reviews are based on a 4 or 5 yr reputation, i believe, which is why they are rated low. in 3 yrs at the rate of reliability right now, the Titan will be close to the top of the list IMO.

current T: 2010 SE KC 2wd
previous T: 2008 XE CC 2wd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm a Toyota guy, and destroyed my 4runner today. So when I was out looking for new vehicles I happened to test drive the Titan and it caught my attention. Just needed a little background before signing my name on the dotted line.

·
Registered
317 Posts
well glad you seem like your ok...too bad, 4runners are good vehicles. one thing id say though, which is what i wish i got, is get the utilitrac system. its hard to find it aftermarket and on top of that, if not installed from factory, the bed isnt strengthened for it. you never know when it might come handy. another thing, id get the big tow w/ the lower gear ratio if you plan on towing above about 5-6k lbs. from factory big tow titans come with bigger mirrors(not like mine). got a story about the 4runner??

there are still some things on the Ts that might still be an issue: struts/shocks, manifolds, radiators, and some creaks and rattles sometimes. ive heard of very few rearend and transmission problems. otherwise...i think thats it. good truck w/ a possibility of being better imo. there are some fine details here and there i think nssan could work on. but, there isnt loyal titan owners like this because their crap:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got a 09 CC 4x4 LE and love it but I moved up from the frontier not 4runner but I still think you will be very very happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info. I actually went and put money down on the truck today and will take full ownership of it tomorrow. 2010 Smoke CC SE. I wanted the utilitrac but could not justify the extra $950 Utility package. My ex-wife has a 06 Tacoma with the bed rail system and I liked that a lot. I got real excited when I saw the way Nissan designed theirs, but lost interest when I found out I could only get it in the package. The sales guy said that I could get it installed, but I don't think I want to mess around with that. I waited until I found one with the SE value package also. I just couldn't see spending that money on a truck with a split bench seat. When I test drove the truck, it reminded me of being on the farm, using a column shifter. I didn't know they still used those.

The 4runner story is kind of a sad one. Like I stated above, I've got an ex-wife so I was on the way to drop our 16 month old son off at her house. After that I was going to get some parts that needed replacing on the truck. So after about 4 miles down the road in off and on rain I entered the freeway on a upward slope 270 degree turn and about 80% of the way up the back gave way. I turned to get it back in control, but got too close to the wall and my backend got out into the lane of traffic where a semi w/trailer clipped me and sent me back into the wall. The back left was pushed in, rear windows are shattered, the front clip is destroyed, and the bags went off. I even bent the front left frame rail almost 90 degrees into the center of the truck. The big thing is both myself and son walked away without a scratch. I was amazed that he only cried when the airbags went off. So that started the search for new steel and the Titan is where it finished. I couldn't justify other trucks and my unlce has a Titan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts