Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I bought a used 2015 Titan S 4x4 with 99,980 miles from ABC Nissan in Phoenix about 1 month ago. The previous owner bought it new from ABC Nissan and had all of the services done there.
The problem is after one month and 3 tanks of gas, the Titan died on me while driving down a pretty tame dirt road about 200 miles from my house. No sputtering, half tank of gas, no check engine lights, just shuts off. Cranks really strong when you turn the key, all power accessories work, but does not start. I'm pretty sure I hear the fuel pump prime for a few seconds after turning the key to Acc.
After reading hundreds of posts on different Titan forums, mostly from earlier models, I tried the following things over the past week with no luck:

Replaced ignition relay inside ipdm.

Replaced crank pos sensor (with new in packaging unit with same part number as original, but I'm aware there is a newer version)

Visually checked all electrical connections and plugs, jiggling them too, seem ok.

Hit gas tank with rubber mallet.

Cursed numerous times

When I called ABC Nissan, all I got was voicemails and no one ever called me back. When I got back to town, I went down there to purchase the $2.38 relay and spoke to a customer relations person. She seemed willing to help. She produced some of the service records but claimed there was a problem with the computer/printer so not all of the records could print. She assured me the missing pages were all just more of the usual oil and filter type of maintenance. No electrical issues I asked? Nope she said.
I left with the relay and crank sensor, hoping they would do the trick. If so, I would drive it back to the dealer and let them verify what happened. If it didnt work, the plan was that ABC would cover the cost to tow it to the local Nissan dealer and we'd see what they find out.
As I said, it didn't work. As the truck is getting towed to the local dealer, I hear back from ABC Nissan saying they are done helping me. Since I bought it used, and with no warranty, SOL.
Sorry, long post! I left some other shady dealer details out too.
So now I'm waiting to hear what the dealer 200 miles away from me has to say about what's wrong.
Any advice at this point would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an 06' that just died on me out of nowhere, no warning. Towed to Nissan, found wiring harness was pinched under bed of truck. It didn't just wriggle under though, body shop fixed bed from deer and pinched it when putting it back on. Bumps just help finish it off. Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ryan,
Thanks for the reply. It actually did turn out to be a wiring harness that appeared to be pinched. Mine was under the right front part of the frame. Caused a short that blew a fuse. The dealership who discovered the issue wanted to replace the harness for $1400. I soldered the wires together for free and its prefect now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts