Nissan Titan Forum banner

2017 Titan dash rattle

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  throwinrocks 
#1 ·
I read through a lot of threads but never found what I'm experiencing. When Driving on smooth or rough roads I hear a rattle noise under the top of the dash on the drivers side but it doesn't stop by applying pressure to any area of the dash. Funny thing is it does it when it wants to. Might not hear it all day and then the next time it will do it all day or off and on during the day.
If anyone knows of or has this issue please let me know. I can't afford to pay the dealer $140/hour to look for it especially if it isn't something under warranty. 65k on my truck.

#2 ·
I had a similar rattle in the dash of my 04 Titan. I was sure that i heard it in the dash, but by accident, a passenger checked inside the overhead compartments and the one nearest the windshield was the culprit. Pressing inside the compartment, the rattle stopped. I stuffed a shop rag inside and closed the compartment door. No more rattle.

#3 ·
Checked that and all the seatbelts that people say causes the noise. This is coming from right in the middle of the dash on the drivers side. It actually sounds like plastic cup rattle but I can turn a corner or hit a bump and it might go away. Then turn or hit another bump and its back. Trying to find out if that small panel in the middle of the dash on the drivers side is removable?

Attachments

#4 ·
My experience was that the rattle was originating from overhead, but we were hearing it as if it were coming from the dash. I went through a lot of time and effort trying to silence a rattle in the dash. I even pulled out my aftermarket radio/CD unit and put foam rubber around it and behind it to make sure that was rattling. I don’t know what else could rattle inside the dash. I don’t have a clue why a rattle from overhead would sound like it came from the dash, but it did. I would not rule out anything being the cause and I hope you find it as a rattle like that can be most annoying.

#5 ·
I've owned my 2005 since new. It has always had an annoying rattle that sounds like it's coming from the dash. My solution is to turn up the tunes. The rattle is a product of so much cheap plastic used in the construction of our trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.