Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the headlight adjustment switch on my truck but even when running high beam nobody flashes me not even on two lane farm roads. Mine are halogen so I'm wondering what would be the brightest to get in halogen.
Just an FYI I don't want to upgrade to HID's etc. Just want some brighter lights.
This would be the first truck I ever owned with this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have the headlight adjustment switch on my truck but even when running high beam nobody flashes me not even on two lane farm roads. Mine are halogen so I'm wondering what would be the brightest to get in halogen.
Just an FYI I don't want to upgrade to HID's etc. Just want some brighter lights.
Mine, 2006 Titan SE high beam 9005, low beam 9006. Went with HiD plug and play bulbs first years ago. Pros: super bright, color selectable.
Cons: Very Hot, warm up time. Can take 10 seconds to reach full brightness according to temperature.
Replaced with Leds about 2 years ago. Went through a time of testing and several brands. Found the best for, amount of light, were the 4 sided Leds. 4 leds per bulb. IP68 rated water proof is best. Had same bulbs for around 18 months and they are still working fine. The good ones have little fans on each bulb to cool the Led circuitry.
pros: Instant on and brightness, run cooler than Halogen or HiD. Plug and play. Excellent light pattern scatter.
Cons: Could be trial & error in finding bulbs that do well in your specific vehicle.
According to charts your 2017 uses 9005 high beam, H11 for low beam. Start with the low beams and see how they work. Purchase some cheaper, favorable rated ones from the "Prime" store. There's some out there that can be close to and over $100 per pair but mine were around $40 per pair & the technology has improved since.
Didn't know there were non adjustable headlights unless they are projectors. I know people that have those and that's their main complaint, adjustment.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm not doing HID or LED. There's a place nearby that sells all kinds and they have the highest rated LED bulb in stock. $200.00 for a pair. No thanks but everyone on YouTube say they can't be beat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine, 2006 Titan SE high beam 9005, low beam 9006. Went with HiD plug and play bulbs first years ago. Pros: super bright, color selectable.
Cons: Very Hot, warm up time. Can take 10 seconds to reach full brightness according to temperature.
Replaced with Leds about 2 years ago. Went through a time of testing and several brands. Found the best for, amount of light, were the 4 sided Leds. 4 leds per bulb. IP68 rated water proof is best. Had same bulbs for around 18 months and they are still working fine. The good ones have little fans on each bulb to cool the Led circuitry.
pros: Instant on and brightness, run cooler than Halogen or HiD. Plug and play. Excellent light pattern scatter.
Cons: Could be trial & error in finding bulbs that do well in your specific vehicle.
According to charts your 2017 uses 9005 high beam, H11 for low beam. Start with the low beams and see how they work. Purchase some cheaper, favorable rated ones from the "Prime" store. There's some out there that can be close to and over $100 per pair but mine were around $40 per pair & the technology has improved since.
Didn't know there were non adjustable headlights unless they are projectors. I know people that have those and that's their main complaint, adjustment.
Good Luck.
I should have mentioned that back clearance is important for use of Led bulbs. My 2006 has plenty of room but our 2007 Chevy has no clearance for either bulb to be fitted with a Led. GM designed the bulbs to set right against a back plate. If you have 1 inch or more behind your current bulbs, you won't have any problems.
Yeah I'm not doing HID or LED. There's a place nearby that sells all kinds and they have the highest rated LED bulb in stock. $200.00 for a pair. No thanks but everyone on YouTube say they can't be beat.
Wow! No I would never pay that much either. I only have a little over $100 in all front lights. Heads, fog, turn and marker. All Led inside & out. Again, God luck, hope you find something that works for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want to stick to halogens, I would recommend going with the Sylvania zXe Gold - it's a whiter light and quite powerful

If you change your mind about aftermarket conversion kits, I would recommend going with LEDS if you have reflectors or HIDS if you have projectors do not put LEDS in projectors they won't be bright at all my family and I get our aftermarket lights from Xenon Pro they are great and have a lifetime warranty my cousin discovered them 4-5 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts