Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear axle seal went out on my 05 Titan and a mechanic friend of mine replaced it. He was able to pull the driver side axle straight out and take off the old bearing so it can be done t least one my year truck. He didn’t even have to mess with the differential as it’s not bolted. I didn’t have the tools or I would have done it myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear axle seal went out on my 05 Titan and a mechanic friend of mine replaced it. He was able to pull the driver side axle straight out and take off the old bearing so it can be done t least one my year truck. He didn’t even have to mess with the differential as it’s not bolted. I didn’t have the tools or I would have done it myself.
I got lucky and it was covered under warranty. You can replace it but Nissan doesn't due to time and labor. Replacing the axle takes less than a hour. Replacing the race, bearing and seal takes a few hours and you need a good press to put the new bearing on because you have to cut the old one off and if you damage the axle using a cutoff blade then you have to replace the axle. You can't get Nissan to sell you the race, bearing or seal but you can get the Nissan parts from eBay and the funny part is the people selling the parts are Nissan Dealers. 🤔

1 - 3 of 3 Posts