Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a recall notice in the mail - Stating that you should use your emergency brake when parked due to a problem with the transmission not locking properly? This is for the 2021 model year. Just got this in the mail, wondering if this is a software change, or if something physically needs changed in the transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A couple of the auto blogs had that news. Nissan started sending out letters on the 20th I think, I have a 2021 also and haven't gotten mine yet. If I remember correctly it has something to do with a parking pawl in the transmission that is substandard. I wish they would do a software update, my transmission sucks. I've had it to the dealer once and they say it's normal operation. Quite frequently it will only downshift to second when I come up to a stop. When I go to take off, just as I hit the gas it has to downshift to 1st causing a big hesitation. Also, when I come to a stop, just before it's complete the truck lurches forward. And lastly, when I'm turning sharply from a stop, especially left, it feels like the trans is slipping and the engine revs higher without more forward movement. Dealer of course says it' does that if its changing gears. I explained there's no way it should be changing gears accelerating from a stop out of a parking spot. Anyone else having these issues?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
1 Posts
A couple of the auto blogs had that news. Nissan started sending out letters on the 20th I think, I have a 2021 also and haven't gotten mine yet. If I remember correctly it has something to do with a parking pawl in the transmission that is substandard. I wish they would do a software update, my transmission sucks. I've had it to the dealer once and they say it's normal operation. Quite frequently it will only downshift to second when I come up to a stop. When I go to take off, just as I hit the gas it has to downshift to 1st causing a big hesitation. Also, when I come to a stop, just before it's complete the truck lurches forward. And lastly, when I'm turning sharply from a stop, especially left, it feels like the trans is slipping and the engine revs higher without more forward movement. Dealer of course says it' does that if its changing gears. I explained there's no way it should be changing gears accelerating from a stop out of a parking spot. Anyone else having these issues?
I have a 2021 Platinum Reserve that does the same thing, took it to the dealer and they say it's normal. Hopefully they come up with a fix quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a Pedal Commander in my 2021 Pro4x and it alleviated the shifting issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone else get a recall notice in the mail - Stating that you should use your emergency brake when parked due to a problem with the transmission not locking properly? This is for the 2021 model year. Just got this in the mail, wondering if this is a software change, or if something physically needs changed in the transmission.
Got one in the mail
yesterday I have a 2020 Titan.Not having any any problem with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts