Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own these trucks,,do not take for (parking paw recall), they will have to reprogram your (TCM,Transmission) and it will no longer shift correctly and there is no fix for it!!!! They will tell you at the dealership that Nissan engineers are aware of the problem and you are stuck with the vehicle...period....do not do the recall..
Darryl

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told at the dealership by the service manager, "this is an engineering problem and they know about it and are working on it"...so do what you want people but this is making me wonder if I should have trusted Nissan....

· Super Moderator
50 Posts
I was told at the dealership by the service manager, "this is an engineering problem and they know about it and are working on it"...so do what you want people but this is making me wonder if I should have trusted Nissan....
Nothing anyone can control but I know for a fact Nissan has replaced the transmissions on the ones that are having programming issues. Take to another dealer and let them reset the TCM again. I'm in a FB group and three people have had theirs replaced after the recall was performed.
You can trade it in for a Dodge, Toyota or Chevy who are also having big recalls. Dodge/engine issues. Toyota twin turbos going out and no computer parts to fix it. Chevy AFM/DFM causing the engines to blow with only 6k miles on them.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the info, I have had this truck for 5months now and bought it with 10,500 miles on it, I bought Titan2021 because I had a 2007 years ago and always liked the truck, it has a heated seat issue which they are supposed to fix this week, the seat was installed wrong at factory, now this problem so yes it can leave one to think it's a lemon, I hope not...

· Super Moderator
50 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info, I have had this truck for 5months now and bought it with 10,500 miles on it, I bought Titan2021 because I had a 2007 years ago and always liked the truck, it has a heated seat issue which they are supposed to fix this week, the seat was installed wrong at factory, now this problem so yes it can leave one to think it's a lemon, I hope not...
Sometimes there will be TSB's issued for the Titan and some dealers don't check for them when you take it in for service. I always asked them to check and there would be something like my radio needed to be updated, the passenger seat had to be replaced because of broken weld in the seat back but Nissan replaces the whole seat to save time and money. TCM update that fixed my shifting issues on my 2017.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts