Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new Titan Pro4X and for about 3 weeks it was great, then the fan speed/noise started. At first was just when AC was on now does it all the time. Took to dealer and they finally got Nissan to agree to replace the fan clutch. This completely fixed the issue... for one week, now doing the same thing. Dealer says they have another that they just sold with same issue. this started with less than 2k miles and now I have 3500 miles and issue continues. Anyone know of a fix? I have always heard great things about Nissan so I bought this one, but if they do not get this corrected it will be my last. Dealer legally has 3 more tries to fix the issue then I will have to hire a lawyer and spend tons of money I am sure to try to get them to honor the lemon law. I love the truck, but cannot deal with the loud fan and it seems to cut down on horsepower and run more RPM's when this is happening so I am sure it is not good for MPG or the engine in general. TIA for any advice.

· Registered
3 Posts
My 2021 does the same thing sometimes. I understand the fan clutch fully engaging when it's 100 degrees and I'm sitting at a red light, but not when I first start it up and get moving. Not only is it loud, but it seems to pull the engine down quite a bit. This is my first Titan as well, I never thought about it being abnormal. But I couldn't take it if it did it all the time.

· Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a brand new Titan Pro4X and for about 3 weeks it was great, then the fan speed/noise started. At first was just when AC was on now does it all the time. Took to dealer and they finally got Nissan to agree to replace the fan clutch. This completely fixed the issue... for one week, now doing the same thing. Dealer says they have another that they just sold with same issue. this started with less than 2k miles and now I have 3500 miles and issue continues. Anyone know of a fix? I have always heard great things about Nissan so I bought this one, but if they do not get this corrected it will be my last. Dealer legally has 3 more tries to fix the issue then I will have to hire a lawyer and spend tons of money I am sure to try to get them to honor the lemon law. I love the truck, but cannot deal with the loud fan and it seems to cut down on horsepower and run more RPM's when this is happening so I am sure it is not good for MPG or the engine in general. TIA for any advice.

· Registered
1 Posts
My 2021 nissan armada does the same thing when I turn ac the fan noise sounds like a semi truck on 1st gear dealer says engineers are trying to figure it out

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Up to about 9k miles now (and have a replaced fan clutch). The issue stopped happening the vast majority of the time, but still happens from time to time. One odd thing is that this does not seem to happen when you would think it might (when outside temps are 100... it happens most often when it is 75-85 outside). I just hope that it doesn't start happening all the time again. I do know one thing, this truck will be sold before the warranty is out on it and I will not replace with another Nissan!

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi, first time on any type of “blog”. I just bought a 2022 Titan pro4x xd in May. I’m having the same issue intermittently. Usually between 55-65 degrees and humidity high or after a rainy day. Sometimes on sunny days too and it seams that my AC compressor clicks on and off in 30 second intervals since I purchased it. Spoke with the dealer and was told that sensors controlling the fan are operating normally. I was told there are humidity sensors, temp sensors and even a dash sun sensor that calculated the fans operations. I’m also mind boggled about this because it will stay on whether low or highway speeds.
I also just bought a 2022 Nissan titan pro- 4XD in May. Since I bought the truck the fan turns on intermittently between 55 and 65° mostly after a rain storm or heavy humidity. The dealer did tell me that the fan is regulated by many sensors in an algorithm that control the fan speed. On 100° days it did not turn on but started in lower temperatures and low and highway speeds. It happens when I first start the car whether hot or cold. It also happens from time to time weather stop or driving. The dealer is claiming that this is normal and many people with the Nissan V8 engines have had this concern and was told not to worry about it as the engine and control module know what it’s doing. It does not seem to affect fuel mileage or power but I do find that the compressor for the air conditioner seems to be on lower output. My defrost works but again seems to be weaker when the weather is colder.

· Registered
4 Posts
Up to about 9k miles now (and have a replaced fan clutch). The issue stopped happening the vast majority of the time, but still happens from time to time. One odd thing is that this does not seem to happen when you would think it might (when outside temps are 100... it happens most often when it is 75-85 outside). I just hope that it doesn't start happening all the time again. I do know one thing, this truck will be sold before the warranty is out on it and I will not replace with another Nissan!
Hi, I have a 2022 pro 4x xd Titan and the fan is ridiculously loud. Sounds like a semi! It pops on and off all the time hot or cold, humid or dry, rain or snow, AC on or off, low or high speed travel… I also hear the compressor kicking in, on and off-in 30 second intervals when the interior fan is on whether fan is set to auto or a speed setting regardless if the AC button is lit or not. Same goes with the defrost mode. I do notice the AC is working in all conditions because the windshield does defrost but it seems to be reduced when the exterior temp drops below 70f. Very confusing. The vehicle remains cool and all engine, transmission and oil temps are normal throughout the day. I run the vehicle all day and night and everything seems fine but the noise from the fan is very loud. I’ve spoken to other Titan owners at the super market who did not have an xd model and all claim to not have this problem. Even after showing them my xd fan screaming on idol they were shocked because they have never heard their own fan perform that way even when towing. Stopped worrying about it after my cousin who is a mechanic and my dealer both say it is normal for an XD because of the heavier weight and towing capacity the performance of the fan is required. So I guess I will just drive until their is a problem. Hope this helps you. Let me know what you think.

· Registered
4 Posts
My 2021 does the same thing sometimes. I understand the fan clutch fully engaging when it's 100 degrees and I'm sitting at a red light, but not when I first start it up and get moving. Not only is it loud, but it seems to pull the engine down quite a bit. This is my first Titan as well, I never thought about it being abnormal. But I couldn't take it if it did it all the time.
Hi, I have a 2022 pro 4x xd Titan and the fan is ridiculously loud. Sounds like a semi! It pops on and off all the time hot or cold, humid or dry, rain or snow, AC on or off, low or high speed travel… I also hear the compressor kicking in, on and off-in 30 second intervals when the interior fan is on whether fan is set to auto or a speed setting regardless if the AC button is lit or not. Same goes with the defrost mode. I do notice the AC is working in all conditions because the windshield does defrost but it seems to be reduced when the exterior temp drops below 70f. Very confusing. The vehicle remains cool and all engine, transmission and oil temps are normal throughout the day. I run the vehicle all day and night and everything seems fine but the noise from the fan is very loud. I’ve spoken to other Titan owners at the super market who did not have an xd model and all claim to not have this problem. Even after showing them my xd fan screaming on idol they were shocked because they have never heard their own fan perform that way even when towing. Stopped worrying about it after my cousin who is a mechanic and my dealer both say it is normal for an XD because of the heavier weight and towing capacity the performance of the fan is required. So I guess I will just drive until their is a problem. Hope this helps you. Let me know what you think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts