Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off I'm new to the forums so HI.

I'm an avid hunter and am curious as to how well the 2WD model of the truck does "off-road". We're not talking about rock climbing or crawling through creek beds but moderate loose dirt/grass/mud in and around some of the clubs and WMA's that I hunt.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Its all about momentium being 2wd. Keep the truck moving and the RPMs in the TQ range and you should be fine. The bad part is that if you stop on the grass and it is wet, you may have a hell of a time getting out. May need an agressive AT or MT tire to assist with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I figured that a good AT tire would play a big part in it.

What about that traction control button.
I've seen a lot of discussion about that thing.
Would leaving that turned "on" possibly help in limiting the tires from slipping on a wet surface?

Was in the market for a nice full size truck and the titan we purchased we found a great deal on it and it had really good reviews. I do wish it was the 4x4 model but for what we paid I can't really complain. I just hope that I haven't bought a big SUV with a small truck bed that is only good for the daily interstate commute.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a 4x4 and I hardly ever used the 4 wheel drive during this year's ice storms. In fact, the only reason I put it in 4 wheel drive was to pass slower cars. (Yes, I'm that guy.) I did place 4 center blocks and 10 paver stones in the bed as added traction. I'd say you'll be extremely surprised with how well it responds without 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of my brothers and I both own Titans. His is a 4x4 while mine is a 4x2. I have never felt the need to have a 4 wheel drive truck (though I know of the occasional benifits you get from it) and have always done well with just a 4x2. But the other day we decided to test the capabilities on our trucks on an out door range here where I live. Its an outdoor course where they test humvee drivers. We went through the whole thing just in 2 wheel drive, even some good hills. I was pretty impressed. But this was on dry ground, no mud or wet grass, though plenty of loose dirt.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just took my 2 wheel drive off road yesterday and it did great. Last year I had my stock tires on and got stuck pretty bad, but now that I have the Nitto Trail Graps, it went thru the same area I got stuck at last time with no problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts