Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a three inch leveling kit for my 04 titan 4wd. want to put new shocks on it while i install leveling kit. any sugestions on brand. i herd ranchero is the way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still learning about the Titans, so I'm no expert, but Ive read numerous threads about staying away from the Ranchos. Seems like the Titan folks like to run Blistens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ran Rancho on the past 3 vehicles, for over a total of ten years, and my 2010, pro-4x came stock with them, I have yet to see a problem, my last truck a 4x4 dakota, has over 200,000 miles, with out shock issues. I'm sticking with Rancho.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My Sway-a-way rear shocks ride better than the OEM Ranchos. If I had to do it over again I would probably lean towards the Bilsteins for the lower cost.

Are you absolutely sure you want to put a 3" leveling kit in? According to PRG Products web site:
4wd vehicles should NOT use a 2wd sized spacer; once you go over 2" with a 4wd you will very likely experience upper arm to coilbucket contact which will cause an annoying thunking noise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got the bilsteins and my shackle broke the leaf spring shot through the bed and the only thing holding my stuff together is the bilsteins

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
If you want to go over 2" you must either go with tubular upper arms or cut the lip off your coil bucket where stock A arms hit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts