Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anybody has ever fit 33x12.50x17 tires on a stock suspension setup. My truck is a 2004 KC 2wd and I really don't want to have to get a leveling kit or lift right this minute.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure you'll need a little boost up front to clear those tires. Stock rims or aftermarket?

·
Registered
853 Posts
You may have some tire rub up front with the 12.5

·
Registered
276 Posts
^^^ I agree. I am running 295/70/17's on factory 17's, which actually measure out to about 34x12. I have 4x4 with the factory off road pkg and 5100's at the highest setting to bring the front about 3" up from stock. I know I can get more tire on mine (wider & higher) but I don't think 12.5 wides would clear on a stock 2wd setup.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Why the wider tire? It will work but like mentioned above you might have some rubbing at full turn, thus the Pinch Weld Mod would be required....

·
Registered
853 Posts
You will rub the front of the tire no matter what (using a 12.5) when going over a bump and without any type of lift will rub at full turn in a parking lot. You may not think about it.... but that extra half inch of a tire will probably cut at least a half a mpg in gas in your efficiency. If you go with the above set up or at least get a leveling kit.....you can throw the 12.5 on there. Dont worry about the stock rims....not an issue.... Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I have a little life left in my current tires so I think Im just gonna save up a little bit more and get the leveling kit by the time I put on the new tires.

·
Registered
853 Posts
well I have a little life left in my current tires so I think Im just gonna save up a little bit more and get the leveling kit by the time I put on the new tires.
Smart move......leveling kit is relatively cheap anyway.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Keep an eye on the "for sale" sections on here, MT and TT. They pop up cheap all the time. Just sold mine a month ago for $50 shipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts