Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this whole write up started when my buddy backed into my drivers side rear quarter panel near my tail light with his jeep. It left a nice dent along with scratches from the wheel well to the tail light. Yes I was enraged because I only have 5000 miles on the truck.

So I decided to try the Meguiars ScratchX to remove the scratches as I am a HUGE believer in Meguiars products. The Meguiars worked alright but still could notice the scratches looking right at it, so I was looking around Advance Auto at the different products we carried(yes I work there part time when I'm not working my EMT full time job.) I decided to pick up the 3M Scratch Remover and give that a shot and was I amazed, No scratches to be seen unless you look a certain way at the quarter panel and still they are hard to see, but if your looking straight on you can not even tell there were scratches there.

My Ratings (1-5, 1 low - 5 high)
Applying Product: Meguiars - 5 || 3M - 5
(both products real easy to apply, as always you have to use some elbow grease)
Removing Product: Meguiars - 5 || 3M - 5
(both products real easy to remove)
Quality of Product: Meguiars - 3 || 3M - 5

OVERALL: I would highly recommend the 3M Scratch remover to anyone that is looking to take light scratches out from their clear coat, just remember to wax the area after applying the remover for a perfect finish! Hope this helps some Titan owners out there!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Interesting because 3M owns Meguiars. Meguiars Scratch X doesn't contain any abrasives, it just chemically fills in very fine scratches and swirl marks. Its not made to fix the heavy scratches your friend put into your truck. You might want to start over with 3M rubbing compound, using very light pressure, and then go to the 3M scratch remover, or Meguiars No. 82 polishing compound, then put on a good wax like Meguiars NXT 2.0. What are you doing to fix the dent? You might be able to get a "paintless" dent guy if its not too deep.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I recently found some light scratches and after reading a how to for tinting tail lights decided to use the same steps for the scratches. I used all meguiars products starting with rubbing compound, then polishing compound, then scratch x, and last wax. looks good as new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts