Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between the 2. I can't decide. Please post your opinions!

4x4 LE CC No NAV with FlexFuel Vehicle (Do we really need this FlexFuel?)
4x2 LE CC NAV Sunroof without FlexFuel Vehicle

I live in North Texas so there's rarely the need for 4x4 but it is nice to have it when needed. I am leaning toward 4x4 because I work at night and I will need it on icy nights going home.

I like the factory NAV with backup camera though. I guess I can always install aftermarket NAV. The sunroof is really cool to have too!

Are the brakes bigger after 2005 models?

I have looked at the Tundra CrewMax but they don't look as sharp as the Titans. The Titans offer more convenience features like underseat storage, bedside lock box, what else that I don't know about??

I have 2005 KC and haven't had any problem with it except for battery. The only reason I am looking at Titan CC is because I need more room.

Thanks for any inputs! This forum has been awesome!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I don't really think you need the flex fuel, my 05 is flex fuel and I've only filled up with the E85 about three times, doesn't provide any savings. As far as 4x4, thats up to you weather you'll need it or not. 4x4 costs more and theirs more moving parts to break, but it does make for easier winter driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well
I think a couple ??

Are you going to tow anything??
If so, do you need the Big Tow Pkg ??

Keep looking till you get what you want..

MPG is less with 4x4
Do you want a Long Bed? Pro 4X? LE?, SE?, Leather? DVD?( 08 CC came with LWB & 38 gal tank)

I found 08 4x4 CC LE LWB Majestic Blue loaded w/every option 6" lift 2476 miles in Aug of 10.. Exactly what I was looking for.. took about 3 weeks

Luv the truck

Good luck

Camurano2
CarDomain.com

·
Registered
317 Posts
i would personally get the 4x2 because of total cost reasons(gas, parts, etc.)...like you said, wont really use it. the bigger brakes didnt come until 08+

·
Registered
145 Posts
4x2 FTW!!!!! If your a good driver and know how to drive your truck well, i.e.-what it can and cannot do, 4x2 can do alot!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Go with the 4X4! You don't get any snow in north Texas? You'll always be glad you went with the 4X4...even if you only need it one time! The feeling of having it if needed is worth the price of admission alone. The mileage between the two is too small to worry about. And FlexFuel is a stupid gimmick. It saves nothing. You make gas from oil, not food! lol Good luck and get what you want.

·
Registered
83 Posts
4x4 without even a thought...Ever want to pull down in your yard and unload some mulch, rock, etc. without spinning up the green stuff? I know I live in the mountains but I would not buy a truck without a transfer case unless I absolutely couldnt afford it and then I would buy a used one with 4x4 lol. If you use it one time you'll be glad you got it. Its kind of one of those things that you will never look back and be like "man I wish I hadn't got this thing in a 4x4".

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
4x4 without even a thought...Ever want to pull down in your yard and unload some mulch, rock, etc. without spinning up the green stuff? I know I live in the mountains but I would not buy a truck without a transfer case unless I absolutely couldnt afford it and then I would buy a used one with 4x4 lol. If you use it one time you'll be glad you got it. Its kind of one of those things that you will never look back and be like "man I wish I hadn't got this thing in a 4x4".
Amen! lol. It seems to be the 4X2 owners trying to push people away from 4X4s because they secretly wish they'd made a different choice. But I could be wrong in my assumptions I guess...lol. To me?...if you want 2 wheel drive?...buy a Camry!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too live in Texas and I love that my Titan is a 4x4, we dont get very much rain but when it comes it really comes, like the snow. I would go 4x4 you won't regret it!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I live in Ohio and have 4x2, we get a few good snows a winter, I've never gotten stuck. It does take a more skillful driver to drive a 4x2 on snow and ice but I like the challange.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm from SE Texas ....I say go w/ the 4x4, i have had both and if you dont, u will miss it when you need it. the whole reason I have a 4x4 is for our trips up to NM and CO....I have had nightmare experiences on HWY's 287 and 87 from Amarillo to Texline, so I know what your dealing w/ man.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Amen! lol. It seems to be the 4X2 owners trying to push people away from 4X4s because they secretly wish they'd made a different choice. But I could be wrong in my assumptions I guess...lol. To me?...if you want 2 wheel drive?...buy a Camry!
haha...4x4 guys have their reasons for buying a 4x4 and not a 4x2, and 4x2 guys the same. i dont trust 4x4s because every single one ive owned takes a dump on me and ends up costing WAY too much $....bad luck maybe. i lived in indiana for most of my life and drove 2wds after i gave up on 4x4s. it takes much more skill and attention in the snow for sure. chains help on the back roads if you have them. 2wd all the way for me

·
Registered
612 Posts
4x4 has better resale value in the Northeast where I live. I had a 2WD Dodge, got stuck in a parking spot -- an icy parking spot. The posi rear was of no help. It just spun both back tires. I had to get towed out by a Ford. Never again. My next truck was 4WD -- a Titan 4WD!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
haha...4x4 guys have their reasons for buying a 4x4 and not a 4x2, and 4x2 guys the same. i dont trust 4x4s because every single one ive owned takes a dump on me and ends up costing WAY too much $....bad luck maybe. i lived in indiana for most of my life and drove 2wds after i gave up on 4x4s. it takes much more skill and attention in the snow for sure. chains help on the back roads if you have them. 2wd all the way for me
It's a completely different driving experience..I agree. But there are places and road conditions that you just will not get through regardless of how good the driver is. And I've been driving RWD cars for more years than I care to admit. But I've never once met a 4X4 owner who said "damn, I wish I had a 4X2" yet the opposite is heard all the time. Don't tell us that you've never, at some point, said you wished you had a 4X4 cuz you know you'd be fibbin'! lol. And what are you driving that you keep losing the 4WD drivetrain? I've had MANY and never had an issue. Did you do heavy offroading?...I don't offroad at all but flipping that switch in bad weather makes it all go away! That's a great feeling. I just want to make sure the OP doesn't suffer from that all too common buyers remorse.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's a completely different driving experience..I agree. But there are places and road conditions that you just will not get through regardless of how good the driver is. And I've been driving RWD cars for more years than I care to admit. But I've never once met a 4X4 owner who said "damn, I wish I had a 4X2" yet the opposite is heard all the time. Don't tell us that you've never, at some point, said you wished you had a 4X4 cuz you know you'd be fibbin'! lol. And what are you driving that you keep losing the 4WD drivetrain? I've had MANY and never had an issue. Did you do heavy offroading?...I don't offroad at all but flipping that switch in bad weather makes it all go away! That's a great feeling. I just want to make sure the OP doesn't suffer from that all too common buyers remorse.
there was a time i can remember right off the top of my head. trying to get up a steep hill with fresh snow and ice. it took me about 30 min to get up this hill and out of work parking lot...lol i just kept sliding backwards. every time i did i was like,"damn, if only i had 4wd." 4x4 trucks that failed me at one time or another: 97 tahoe, 88 f150 single longbed, and a 91 S10 baja...(for 4wd equip) after that i bought a 94 chevy pickup 2wd and it was flawless besides a ruptured brake line which ended its life. i wasnt too hard on them but def used it as was designed. i always keep my maintenance up as im ocd to the point were its retarded. to each his own...just throwing my 2 cents in

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
there was a time i can remember right off the top of my head. trying to get up a steep hill with fresh snow and ice. it took me about 30 min to get up this hill and out of work parking lot...lol i just kept sliding backwards. every time i did i was like,"damn, if only i had 4wd." 4x4 trucks that failed me at one time or another: 97 tahoe, 88 f150 single longbed, and a 91 S10 baja...(for 4wd equip) after that i bought a 94 chevy pickup 2wd and it was flawless besides a ruptured brake line which ended its life. i wasnt too hard on them but def used it as was designed. i always keep my maintenance up as im ocd to the point were its retarded. to each his own...just throwing my 2 cents in
LMAO...I can remember the old days of sliding backwards down hills! What a horrible, helpless feeling...lol. I'm a maintenance nut myself but luckily today, there's not much to maintain on these friggin' things. I guess you could offroad and snap something and I know some folks have killed their front diffs and had half shafts fall out (usually lifted trucks) but knock on wood, I've been lucky. May just be my personality...lol..I like the crutch of having 4WD.

·
Registered
83 Posts
trucks that failed me at one time or another: 97 tahoe, 88 f150 single longbed, and a 91 S10 baja...(for 4wd equip)
And all these Failed Vehicles are domestics lol! rule one broken. Ive owned both and I'll tell you that since Ive had a 4x4 I have looked forward to snows to get out and raise rukus and to haul me back and forth to the slopes. When I had 2wd's I used vacation time at work to leave early in fear I wouldn't make it home. 5years ago I purchased a 03 CC frontier prerunner style "oh it sits up like a 4wd I'll be happy enough" WRONG! 1 year later I traded it on a 03 4X4 CC except the whole deal ended up costing me about 4-5k more than it would have if I would have got the 4x4 in the first place.(Lesson Learned) Havent had the Titan in the snow yet I can only hope it goes like the 1st gen frontier...That thing went like a 4wheeler and with a manual transmission, it was bullet proof... If only it was vk powered and had more room lol...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Oh around here...when it snows? we all travel to the malls! It's great!...nobodys there, the roads are empty and we have a blast. With all the hills around here, or when they declare a snow emergency, no 2WDs will do or are allowed on the roads. Warmer states though don't have this worry...lucky bastards..lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts