Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that I've neglected my Titan in the preventative maintenance department. Other than changing the oil regularly and having some recalls done, I haven't had any other work done on it.

I've done some minor towing with the Titan, so I'm thinking I should get my transmission fluid changed. What else should I get done? I see the Premium 30k service recommends several fluid changes, including differential, coolant, and transfer case. Would you recommend I get those done as well?

If so, is the dealer a good place to go? I don't have much experience with local auto mechanics other than brake / tire / oil type places.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yea, you need to get the transmission, coolant, rear differential, and transfer case fluids changed. I had the dealer do all mine, it was pretty pricey from what I remember but I was to lazy to do it at the time.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
+1 to what BigA said. You should be able to do everything but the transmission yourself. If you are remotely handy and can follow instructions the transmission fluid change is doable but is further up the scale of difficulty than the differentials. Might as well consider changing the brake and power steering fluid too. Power Steering is easy, brake fluid not so easy but easier than the transmission.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think I'll bite the bullet and take it to the dealer now for the fluid changes. I simply don't have time at the moment to do this myself. I just don't want to get talked into anything I don't need.

So I'm looking at transmission, radiator, transfer case, and rear differential. What about the front differential?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Absolutely do the front differential also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again. I have 3 dealers in the area so I guess I'll give them each a call to see what the price is. I'm sure it will be a lot, but given how well the truck has treated me thus far it's worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts