Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry noone got back to you on that soon. I would say its night and day... I have mine (an 06 CC offroad package) with the 5100s front and back, the 08 front coil springs, and the 5100 adjusted to the lowest position. That is a 2" lift in front without spring compression. The ride is amazing, firm, but supple, handles much better without the side to side 'slosh' that the stock shocks leave you with.

·
Registered
334 Posts
had mine (5100) put on last week got them at shockwarehouse great service eventhough they were backordered they called and asked if I still wanted them! Hell Yea I want them ! glad I did truck looks much better. paid $ 196 free shipping when I tryed club titan discount it did not go thru but when I talked on phone they put it right in . just front twofor the 196 then 5% off then went to pep boys and they told me on phone 117 out door but when I went to pay they charged me only 70 dollers man that beat the heck out me doing itand get this Iam 04 offroad 4x4 and I went from 36.5 to39.5 my 1.5 spacers and two" blocks are on the way from greg PRG Iam trying for 4" and no contact!we will see.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Love my 5100's. Got 'em on all 4 corners and what a difference!

TA: I don't think what you are looking to do will work out too well. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the max you can go it the front if 3" to maybe 3.5" without going for more major parts. I know I am currently sitting 3.25" higher than stock, with stock UCA's and had to do quite a bit of grinding on my coil buckets. Also, looking at the angle of the CV's on the axles, I wouldn't want to go much more. The one aspect many people overlook is, how everything looks when the truck is sitting still on level ground is much different then when you are in a situation with the suspension at full droop. Too much angle on certain parts will tear them up in a real hurry.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think I misspoke!

On the day of install 5100's I went from 36.5 to39.5 up front. My blocks and spacers arrived about a week later, my blocks went on 10 days after the 5100's,I dont know if the shocks broke in or the shift in weight but now iread 38.5 up front Thats adjusted all the way up,with the 2" blocks I got my rake back but only 2" lift up front I have yet to put the 1.5 spacers on as I like the way it rides still considering but I would still like to put them on just to see what it does , but now I dont think I can get a full 4" anyway. All this swapping around gets kind of costly and time comsuming but it fun and I try to do most of this myself. the first pic is with H-D's the secondis with the 5100's set all the way up the third is my drive shaft after the blocks

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
I ment to say I now have 2.5" lift up front. 39" as per Bilstein spec's

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
It is normal for the suspension to settle down a bit. When I was adjusting my front coilovers to ensure that the left/right were the same I had to drop it off the floor jacks and drive it around before I measured it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's a good tip there Ill keep that in mind when I do the front spacers. That is if I decide to adjust the shock back to middle not sure if my axles are long enought if I do the spacer 1.5 on top of fully adjusted 5100's.or the CBC.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
What Dan said is in agreement with what I've heard. Pushing the suspension too much on a 4x4 is thought to be one of the leading causes of front axle failure. The extra stress is too much for the clips that hold the axle in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love them!!

Replaced all OEM shocks/struts with 5100s two weeks ago and the T rides better than new. I use a 1.5" spacer on front with the shocks at lowest setting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love my 5100's. Got 'em on all 4 corners and what a difference!

TA: I don't think what you are looking to do will work out too well. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the max you can go it the front if 3" to maybe 3.5" without going for more major parts. I know I am currently sitting 3.25" higher than stock, with stock UCA's and had to do quite a bit of grinding on my coil buckets. Also, looking at the angle of the CV's on the axles, I wouldn't want to go much more. The one aspect many people overlook is, how everything looks when the truck is sitting still on level ground is much different then when you are in a situation with the suspension at full droop. Too much angle on certain parts will tear them up in a real hurry.
hey bump for pictures mate! not really satisfied with just text. lol i am canvasing shocks for trucks. i dunno which one is the best i have bilstein and rancho on my list. what are the other options that i have? who is the manufacturer of 5100's you are talking about?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll get some pics up soon, as I will be doing some more "on the cheap" mods (little hint: it involves sandpaper, self-etching primer & spray-on bedliner)!!! The 5100's are made by Bilstien, the fronts are height adjustable, the rears are not but they are good up to an extra inch or so of lift in the rear. The handling and ride that these shocks provide is FAR superior to the factory Rancho's that come with the Offroad pkg. There are plenty of other shock options out there, greatly depends on what you are looking to achieve though. If you are looking to remain stock, leveled or even up to 3", I highly recommend the Bilstien 5100's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts