Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 pro4x that is a work truck. It is fully loaded with tools. I have added a sway bar and air bags to control sway while changing lanes and turning. Gonna install a set of 5100s and larger tires (35s??). Question is, should I run the 5100 struts on middle setting or on lowest setting and a 1.5" spacer. Truck never goes off road. Just want to eliminate sway and not kill ride while increasing height a little for tires.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
i think its the middle setting and now spacer i am doing the same with mine but on a 06 i will be putting the 5100s on with 08 coil springs and it will give me the same lift i have now without a spacer which is 2" im doing this cuz with the spacer i have now my ucas hit the coil buckets sometimes

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have a 2010 pro4x that is a work truck. It is fully loaded with tools. I have added a sway bar and air bags to control sway while changing lanes and turning. Gonna install a set of 5100s and larger tires (35s??). Question is, should I run the 5100 struts on middle setting or on lowest setting and a 1.5" spacer. Truck never goes off road. Just want to eliminate sway and not kill ride while increasing height a little for tires.
1.5" won't clear 35s and your stock Pro 4x struts are already longer than the 5100s would be at middle setting. Someone correct me if im wrong on that. My 1.5" lift rubs with my 34.2" tire 295/70-18 at full lock. I'd do a 1.5"/1.0" PRG mini lift and some more aggressive 275/70-18s and call it a day. Any bigger than 1.5" up front and you'll need aftermarket UCA or a true suspension lift

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
not sure on the strut part but i know the springs are longer thats why im switching to them on my 06

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought the 5100s are 1/2" longer than stock struts at the "0) or lowest setting. I thought the middle or "1" setting would add 1.5" of height.
Also I thought that 305 70 18s would clear a stock truck with no suspension mods at all.
any pro4x owners who did the bilsteins know?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine is 04 off road ,I set my 5100 at top notch gave me 3 inch lift and I think the ride is fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mines not a pro4x but I have the rough country 3" "suspension" lift which is only uca's and a coil spacer that they say gives you 3 inches of lift but the spacer is only 2.5 inches but I've heard that the height of the spacer does not equal the height of lift. So does my 2.5 inch spacer equal 3 inches of lift of 2.5? Also with 2.5 inch tall spacer that is apparently giving me 3" of lift I have Bilstein 5100s on lowest setting my question is this, if my 2.5 inch spacer does in fact equal 3 inches of lift could I get a 2 inch spacer that equals to 2.5 inches of lift and crank my bilsteins up to mid perch? If it makes any difference I'm running true 35x12.50s on factory 18s. Has anyone done this or anything like it? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts